Staying at Disney Hotel then renting DVC points for 2 days?

Toffeelady68

Earning My Ears
Hopefully the right board this time ...., but really want to know UK residents experiences of renting DVC points...Would love to tag 2 days at BWV at the end of the holiday.... just wonder has anyone done this? Booked their own flights, stayed at a Disney hotel for the majority of their stay and then rented DVC points for a few days. I heard DavidsDVC Rentals are good, but a DVC Newbie and needed advice please.

Thanks in advance:ssst:

I am a DVC owner and I like to do split stays between multiple resorts in the same vacation. I prefer to stay in the same hotel at least 3 or better 4 nights, but 2 is doable. The main concern is now for FP+. Cash split stays do not allow to book FP+ for the duration of the whole vacation starting at 60 days from the first day of the first reservation. Consecutive DVC stays on points should allow this, but it's currently bugged and some are experiencing problems. A mix of cash and point should be treated as the cash reservations. This measn you'll be able to book the FP+ for the last two days of your vacation only 60 days before the BWV stay. It may be a problem if you were thinking about dedicating the BWV days at the studios for Galaxy Edge (if they'll ever offer FP+, we still do not know).

I am a DVC owner and I like to do split stays between multiple resorts in the same vacation. I prefer to stay in the same hotel at least 3 or better 4 nights, but 2 is doable. The main concern is now for FP+. Cash split stays do not allow to book FP+ for the duration of the whole vacation starting at 60 days from the first day of the first reservation. Consecutive DVC stays on points should allow this, but it's currently bugged and some are experiencing problems. A mix of cash and point should be treated as the cash reservations. This measn you'll be able to book the FP+ for the last two days of your vacation only 60 days before the BWV stay. It may be a problem if you were thinking about dedicating the BWV days at the studios for Galaxy Edge (if they'll ever offer FP+, we still do not know).

Thanks for your reply, I am a complete DVC newbie, and it seems renting points or booking thru Davids DVC rental, works out chesper for a 1 bed studio per night than a room at BWI, so were contemplating it. Last few days of holiday we are usually parked out and like to stay at a deluxe resort to chill and make the most of the facilities. Heard great things about BW and have previously enjoyed evenings there. Great location.

Haven't kept up recently with the latest on the split stay issue. While solely on a point split stay reservation, is MS helping to bridge the 2 split stays? :confused::confused:Thanks!:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!