Staying at OKW using rented points.

CJ!

Earning My Ears
Has anybody ever rented DVC points to enable them to stay at a DVC resort for less than booking direct with Disney? Apparently you get the same perks as a regular DVC member but for less.

By staying at this resort would I be entitled to any free DDP? Or would this have to be purchased at booking?

Thanks for any help or information you have.

Yep - did it this May for OKW and it worked like a dream. Much cheaper than booking cash with Disney UK. We've done it regularly for the Boardwalk and Beach Club too.
There aren't that many perks other than the price though - only one I can think of for OKW is access to the "close to Hospitality House" category of villa that is only available to DVC members.
You don't qualify for free dining, but you can purchase it as an add on.

Yep - did it this May for OKW and it worked like a dream. Much cheaper than booking cash with Disney UK. We've done it regularly for the Boardwalk and Beach Club too.
There aren't that many perks other than the price though - only one I can think of for OKW is access to the "close to Hospitality House" category of villa that is only available to DVC members.
You don't qualify for free dining, but you can purchase it as an add on.
That’s great news. Always good to know someone who has been there and done that so to speak. May I ask which broker/agent you used or would that be classed as advertising?
Appreciate any information you have. Cheers.

Apparently you get the same perks as a regular DVC member but for less.

About this, the only "perk" you'll get is that you won't pay parking, just because it's not a perk, it's paid already by the maintenance fees the owner has paid, so it's included in the points cost. All other perks for DVC members you might have read about (like pool hopping or Epcot lounge access) are not available to renters.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!