Staying at RPR next week, dining options?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
My grand-daughter and I are staying at RPR next week. I am reading the information online regarding the hotel and restaurants in the hotel. Is the Islands Dining Room open? From looking at the app it seems as though the dining room is closed. I was hoping to eat breakfast there and dinner the day we arrive since we won't get to the hotel until later in the day. I just want to be prepared.

My grand-daughter and I are staying at RPR next week. I am reading the information online regarding the hotel and restaurants in the hotel. Is the Islands Dining Room open? From looking at the app it seems as though the dining room is closed. I was hoping to eat breakfast there and dinner the day we arrive since we won't get to the hotel until later in the day. I just want to be prepared.
I just looked at Islands on Open Table and they are taking breakfast and dinner reservations for next week, which seems to indicate they are open.

Click on 'reserve online' - https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/islands-dining-room

I didn't think of trying to make a reservation. When I looked at the restaurant information in the app it says closed Mon-Sun. So it was a bit confusing

I didn't think of trying to make a reservation. When I looked at the restaurant information in the app it says closed Mon-Sun. So it was a bit confusing
Hmmm. I'm not an app user. There is a dedicated thread at the top of this forum for RPR, maybe read back a few pages on it or ask there.

I’am here now and this is the most up to date information.

They are open for breakfast everyday, but closed for dinner on Monday and Tuesday’s.

Hope this helps in your planning.

Thanks, Robo.

Is the Islands breakfast menu only, no buffet?

I’am here now and this is the most up to date information.

They are open for breakfast everyday, but closed for dinner on Monday and Tuesday’s.

Hope this helps in your planning.
Perfect, thank you. We arrive on Friday so that will work, and as long as they are open for breakfast that will be perfect.

No buffets patster........it`ll be missed......

Thanks. I do miss it. After having the breakfast buffets at PBH, HRH, RPH, and SFH, Islands Dining breakfast buffet is my favorite for 2 reasons: 1. The food area is a separate room from the dining area and not located among tables; and 2. The wooden decorum with the high booths gives it a more upscale feeling instead of a cafeteria feeling that exists at the other hotels.

Hopeful that the buffet is brought back by Thanksgiving weekend, which is when we arrive, but highly doubtful.

I left for home on October 6, so my info may be outdated.
Island was open for dinner at 6 on weekends.
Food was great.

Breakfast was daily menu order only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!