Staying at The Fort / Rise Of The Resistance Opening Day!

H3OHIO

Earning My Ears
I just realized we'll be staying at The Fort when Rise of the Resistance opens on Dec 5th.
Should we try and be some of the crazies and get there early to try and ride it? What would you do?
We've never been there for anything like that, I think it might be kind of fun to be there.
We're staying for a week, so there's plenty of time for everything else!

Welcome H3OHIO to the camping board.

If we were big SW fans it would be cool to be there.

If we weren't big SW fans we would visit any other park because they might be less busy that day.

I’m the biggest fan of SW and I’m looking forward to heading into Batuu in less than a week for the first time.

If you’re willing to be in large crowds - I’d say go for it!

I actually watched ResortTV1 live stream of opening morning while it was happening (during my early morning shift job) and I can say it was a blast to watch and read the tweets live.

The crowds on the live stream seemed calm and having a lot of fun. Probably the biggest issue of the opening morning of SWGE was getting to the park and the confusion surrounding parking and buses. Disney blocked people from lining up overnight. To the point that there was a crowd of people under the bridge between HS and Epcot on the walkway - they called themselves Star Wars trolls. Also, there was confusion with police blocking cars going into the HS parking lot overnight. It seemed that going an hr before opening was about right. The SW trolls were eventually led up to the front by a CM.

If you want a feel for opening day you could go watch the streams from the vloggers. I think a couple of them went for opening and then again later in the day.

It was a great energy to see, would have liked to have been myself - but we had booked our time last year before any announcements.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was down there on opening day! ... but I'm also a Star Wars geek. I'd still recommend hitting it up on opening day to be one of the first to experience it. The early buzz is that it may be one of the best theme park 'dark rides' ever developed.

I got very lucky some years back when I was in the MK and they just happened to do the 1st soft opening for the New Fantasyland area. I think I was one of the 1st 100 people to walk back there with some of the executives looking on. Of course word got out fast and the area started getting packed, but it was very cool to be one of the 1st people to experience the area.

Thanks everyone!
We're not really big SW fans but I think we might try and be there in the morning for opening, I mean it's a once in a lifetime event!
We'll probably be a little tired by that night though, we have MK Extra Magic hours the night before till 11pm and then on the 5th were going to the MK Christmas Party till 12am. So well definitely need to sleep in on Friday!

Go for it! If you get there and it's too crazy you can always opt to go to another park (provided you have hoppers). If you don't have hoppers, it may be a good idea to add them just for that reason.

We do 1-park tickets since we don't really hop and just add extra days for 'return visits'. Last time it only cost us $20.00 to add a day (for two) vs $150.00 to add the hopper option. We used the extra day to go back to AK for another spin on FoP and EE.

I will be there that week too and deciding to go the 5th as well... we also are going to the holiday party that night too!
The experience of it all might just be worth it!

We will be at the Fort that week as well. Just realized the other day that the 5th is opening day. We will be rope dropping for the first time in our lives. Because we only have weekday passes, our only chances to see this new attraction will be the 5th and 6th so have to drag ourselves out of bed for a change.

Since we have never rope dropped any park, does anyone have any suggestions on what time to leave the Fort? So far, hours say opening at 9 am.

We will be at the Fort that week as well. Just realized the other day that the 5th is opening day. We will be rope dropping for the first time in our lives. Because we only have weekday passes, our only chances to see this new attraction will be the 5th and 6th so have to drag ourselves out of bed for a change.

Since we have never rope dropped any park, does anyone have any suggestions on what time to leave the Fort? So far, hours say opening at 9 am.
From info I've found in other groups, the consensus seems to say be there by 7am. So that's our plan! We're just going to drive ourself to the park.

From info I've found in other groups, the consensus seems to say be there by 7am. So that's our plan! We're just going to drive ourself to the park.

Thanks! Do the buses run earlier? We have a vehicle, as we only live two hours away, but don't drive to the parks. I really enjoy parking, and not having to drive again until we leave.

Also, this time we will be renting a scooter and don't have a lift for one anymore, so driving is out of the question even if we wanted to.

Thanks! Do the buses run earlier? We have a vehicle, as we only live two hours away, but don't drive to the parks. I really enjoy parking, and not having to drive again until we leave.

Also, this time we will be renting a scooter and don't have a lift for one anymore, so driving is out of the question even if we wanted to.

I'm not sure about the busses running that early, since they will probably open the gates earlier than what is advertised as park opening.

I'm not sure about the busses running that early, since they will probably open the gates earlier than what is advertised as park opening.

Thank you for the info.

Does anyone know the regular time busses start running around the Fort? When I'm sleeping behind nothing but a thin layer of canvas, trying to sleep in, it sure sounds like they start running before the sun is up. 8-)

when we left the park on 11/11@6:08 AM, the buses were just starting to move. Have fun & do take pictures so we can see what all the excitement going on.

when we left the park on 11/11@6:08 AM, the buses were just starting to move. Have fun & do take pictures so we can see what all the excitement going on.

Thank you for the information!

I've noticed they changed the opening to 8:00 am now, so don't think we'll be able to get there as far before opening as we'd like with using the buses. I'm not sure if they would run earlier when the parks open earlier or not. Unfortunately, Disney is not the best source to ask. I wish their answers were more reliable, but experience has taught me that people here are much more accurate.

If you were in the fort on the 5th you heard my truck fire up and roll out at 4:40 AM. We were in boarding group 18 (they started with 10 so that was the 8th group). We got to ride slinky dog twice as a walk on at 6:20 AM and had a great time. We have pictures of empty Toy Story land. We rode Rise of the Resistance and were back at the fort and taking a nap to the hum of the AC fan by 11AM. If the ride had not broke down for an hour we would have been of the ride by 8. One of the best Disney experiences we ever had. It was actually much less stressful in terms of pushing, shoving, and fighting the crowd than a normal rope drop. I guess star wars fans are just better behaved than average park guests! Disney really handled it well. About 30 seconds after you scanned your magic band at the park entrance (which opened before 6), you were able to join a boarding group and there was no reason to rush after that. Ended up back at animal kingdom to use our evening fast passes for Flight of Passage and Everest after a siesta. We really debated getting up early like a bunch of fools, but it paid off big this time.

We rode Rise of the Resistance and were back at the fort and taking a nap to the hum of the AC fan by 11AM.

We had the heat blasting in our camper all week! o_O

Our experience was RoR was not so good. The guys were over there at 7 am and got boarding group 112. We came back in the evening and the ride broke down when they were on group 108. We waited about 90 minutes and they still didn't have it fixed it. It was getting close to closing time and was freezing outside.

The CMs told us to go ahead and leave and did band scans that would supposedly ensure boarding groups early the following morning. Didn't happen. The guys did go back before opening the next morning but nobody knew what they were talking about and band scans were wiped out. They could have still gotten in a boarding group for that evening, but every was sick of HS by that time so opted out of joining a boarding group.

We'll catch it in February.

Our experience was RoR was not so good. The guys were over there at 7 am and got boarding group 112. We came back in the evening and the ride broke down when they were on group 108. We waited about 90 minutes and they still didn't have it fixed it. It was getting close to closing time and was freezing outside.

The CMs told us to go ahead and leave and did band scans that would supposedly ensure boarding groups early the following morning. Didn't happen. The guys did go back before opening the next morning but nobody knew what they were talking about and band scans were wiped out. They could have still gotten in a boarding group for that evening, but every was sick of HS by that time so opted out of joining a boarding group.

We'll catch it in February

That sucks, we got there at 6am and had group 24. I think it was about 10am by the time we rode, then headed back to The Fort for a nap. The ride is awesome!

We'll catch it in February.

they should have gotten FPs and free one day park hoppers. That’s what has been reported daily as guest recovery for those who didn’t get their boarding passes called. I would go to Guest Relations or send a private message via twitter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!