Staying in WDW now, need some items.....

Babsy

DIS Veteran
so, we are here at WDW in the COLD and find that we need to go outside the ‘bubble’ to purchase a few items. Walmart would probably be our best option for everything. Would someone please recommend the closest Walmart location to WDW? Also, is uber or lyft the better option? We don’t have a car and usually depend upon Disney transportation.

TIA

The closest Walmart depends on where on WDW property you are. Go to Google (be sure you have location services enabled) and type "Walmart near me". Your results will list the nearby Walmarts and how far away they are. BTW, you might also want to check for Target.

Be aware that when you get to Walmart you may find the shelves a bit bare. We were there for the marathon and temperatures got really low. So runners were buying "throwaways" to wear while they waited for the race to start (Disney picks up the throwaways and donates them to local charities). I headed to Walmart on Wednesday afternoon and the shelves were already pretty bare. No sweatpants, no sweatshirts for men, very few for women and children. I picked up a few items (some of them totally wrong sizes and sex) and found a few more at Target.

Also noteworthy....it is a DCP check in week which means the CPers will be hitting Walmart hard to set up their apartments. There are 2 in the area, one on 535 and one on Turkey Lake. The one on 535 is the one that the CPers tend to hit, so although it might be a little further, the one on Turkey Lake may be a better bet. My daughter used Uber when she was there quite a bit and had no problems, no experience with Lyft.

May be worth looking at prime NOW too if you have amazon prime, they'll deliver to the resort in under two hours, and it's cheaper than a round trip uber, even adding in the prime now tip.

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. We went to the nearest Walmart using Uber (cost about $22.00 return, so not too bad) and were able to find everything that we needed. Thank you all so much!!!

May be worth looking at prime NOW too if you have amazon prime, they'll deliver to the resort in under two hours, and it's cheaper than a round trip uber, even adding in the prime now tip.

I would be interested to hear people's experience with this... I just recommended amazon now to some Pop Century guest looking for a case of water at the resort.

I would be interested to hear people's experience with this... I just recommended amazon now to some Pop Century guest looking for a case of water at the resort.
Mine has been great. Used them several times at different resorts... ordered extra luggage (samsonite tote bag for $24, way cheaper than other options), more sunscreen, once my son needed delsym cough syrup, etc. Ive had deliveries to GF, contemporary, and WL that I can think of... they deliver to bell services and you can set it to alert you when it arrives so you can pop right there to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!