Staying Near WDW All of Feb 2020 - FP+ & RD Strategies?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
We are AP holders and will be in Fl near WDW for the whole month of Feb. How far in advance, if at all, can we get Fast Passes? What are crowds like (and weather!) and will the Festival of Arts make WS crazy on weekends as F&W does? Any suggestions from those in the know as to how we can maximize our Disney fun and minimize stress will be appreciated. We will be hitting the food kiosks, just got back from F&W with over $50 on our gift card because our final evening got rained on so we gotta use that up!

Bill From PA

We are AP holders and will be in Fl near WDW for the whole month of Feb. How far in advance, if at all, can we get Fast Passes?
30 days; but one day at a time, not for your full visit all at once like on-property guests can.

Also, you're limited to holding FastPasses for just 7 days out of 30, though I'm unclear how they're implementing that these days.

Last edited:
Hello Bill! Congratulations on your upcoming winter getaway!

Like any other off-site visitor you can book your fast passes 30 days out, a day at a time.

DW and I are Disney snowbirds and will be heading south in a few days. We already have a few days of FP's booked, starting with Epcot to pick up our F&W Passholders magnets. While I will make an occasional 30 day out FP mostly we are more flexible on deciding what day to head to a park. Most times I can find a few last minute FP's to enhance our visit.

In my experience Festival of the Arts doesn't have quite the draw of F&W but we have decided not to visit Epcot on the weekends just because of the additional local crowds. We tend to visit the parks during the weekdays, avoiding parks that have special morning activities, like morning extra magic hour. I usually book FP's starting mid/late morning and we will frequently pause for lunch in the park. We have come to call our visits "daily winter walk enhanced by Disney".

Early February crowds are low but the crowds will be high Presidents Day week. The week after the holiday week is pretty good then the crowds start to grow again as the school vacations start to happen.

The weather is pretty good with very little rain though there can be periods of cool temperatures with lows in the 30's after a cold front goes through. For those of us escaping the northern winter that isn't too bad.
Wishing you a pixiedust: month!

Should be able to do FPs at 30 days, 1 day at a time.
Have not done Festival of the Arts. But f its like F&W or F&G, would expect Friday night and weekends to be much busier.
Since you have options, I would avoid the weekends of possible.
We have been there in late January and early February and enjoyed the weather.

We're staying near WDW for the month of Feb, we have APs. I understand that I can make FP+ choices 30 days out, one day at a time. In 2017 we were on-site and were able to add our off-site family to My Friends&Family account and I then got them FPs 60 days out. If family members join us in Feb, can I get them FPs at 30 days? I'm used to the procedures pertaining to on-site stays but don't know my options off-site. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bill From PA

If family members join us in Feb, can I get them FPs at 30 days?
Every person who has a valid ticket can book FPs 30 days out from a park day. You can book for whoever is listed or linked to your MDX account.

30 days; but one day at a time, not for your full visit all at once like on-property guests can.

Also, you're limited to holding FastPasses for just 7 days out of 30, though I'm unclear how they're implementing that these days.
You can have up to seven days at any one time, so after you use each day, you can book another day.

One follow up question. The party joining us may only visit WDW a few times, perhaps only once. Not being able to predict the weather 30 days out I'm concerned that if they commit to a FP+ on a day that's rainy, the day would be ruined. If they only have, say, a 2 day hopper, are they limited to booking FPs on 2 days or can they book more, of course only actually going the number of days paid for but for multiple days with FPs, deciding which day(s) to go based on weather?

Bill From PA

If they only have, say, a 2 day hopper, are they limited to booking FPs on 2 days
Yes because they only have 2 entitlements.

From the FP FAQ:
FPs can be booked for as many days as there are valid tickets for. APs are generally limited to 7 days of FPs at any one time (for exceptions, see here in Booking Windows).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter