Staying Offsite for a Disney World Run Event?

BrianJ844

Earning My Ears
Hi, I was wondering has anyone stayed offsite for a run event without a car? I was told by the Disney Spring hotels that they do not allow offsite hotels to have shuttles anymore so I would guess that Uber / Lyft would be my only options? Does anyone have experience on how easy or hard it is to get an Uber / Lyft at 4:00am on a race morning? I am would really like to stay offsite and use hotel points but am a bit worried about transportation now. My wife is doing the dark side half marathon in April.

Thanks,
Brian

We stayed at Universal for Dh and ds’s 5k once. I was volunteering and had to be there even earlier. We had a rental car, so I would recommend that. But I took the rental car, and the. They had the Universal town car service take them to Disney for their 5k. We all went back in the rental car.

For my half two days later we moved ourselves and my race stuff to aoa for one night to make things a little more simple.

I have done this, but ended up having to share a ride with someone else at the hotel because I was unable to get any other transportation that early. My advice - rent a car. No stress.

I have done this, but ended up having to share a ride with someone else at the hotel because I was unable to get any other transportation that early. My advice - rent a car. No stress.

I second this. Either stay onsite or rent a car. I wouldn't even consider not doing one of those two, the cost savings isn't worth the stress considering how cheap car rental is in Orlando.

I'm staying at the Bonnet Creek, and their website still says they have a shuttle to the race start.

I'm staying at the Bonnet Creek, and their website still says they have a shuttle to the race start.

I stayed at Bonnet Creek for the Star Wars Dark Side this past April and they did NOT have a shuttle to the race start at that time, so you may want to confirm that is true. Now, I had my truck, so it was a super quick and easy drive to the Epcot lot to go to the shuttles to the coral.

Hilton Bonnet Creek definitely did have shuttles last year, but only for the half and the full. They do not do it for all of the other race weekends. I stayed onsite for the 5 and 10K and checked in to the Hilton on the Friday before the half (that was canceled) and full. They had a nice reception for runners with some prizes. The transport to the marathon was very early, departed at 3:30am, but the hotel did guarantee 2pm checkout for runners. So, I was able to shower after the race and have lunch before heading to the airport. They had in-hotel dining discounts for runners too, it even applied to room service- that was nice before the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter