Staying on property benefits?

The skyliner ride was a plus for us getting to epcot and visting other resorts from Pop Century. Also even though we have a car we refuse to drive to MK. It's so much easier to have the Disney bus drop us off at the front gate. We did a split stay a few weeks ago between on and off property and we just enjoyed being on Disney property more even though offsite was a better value money wise.

As a family who has stayed onsite 9 times and offsite only once the main advantage is being fully immersed in the magic since we always rent a car.

Staying on the monorail has some transportation advantages as well.

The advantage of non-Disney (we were onsite in Bonnet Creek) is more space for your money. We got a two bedroom suite with a kitchen, living room, two bathrooms and washer/dryer for about a third of what we would have paid for cramped quarters at the Contemporary.

That said, I think I'll shell out the extra money to stay onsite next time for what might be our final trip to WDW.

I'd love to stay at one of the properties that's within walking distance someday!

In point of fact there really are not many that are within walking distance of any of the hotels. Maybe the Contemporary, and the Grand Floridian, once the bridge, walkway is completed.
Other than that, which resorts are within walking distance?

In point of fact there really are not many that are within walking distance of any of the hotels. Maybe the Contemporary, and the Grand Floridian, once the bridge, walkway is completed.
Other than that, which resorts are within walking distance?

We like staying at Boardwalk-area resorts to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

I see people on here mentioned 10 day or more trips to WDW. I thought there was a cap on park days? I think it was 7 days, but could be mistaken? If that is true, are you going other places or just staying at the resort?
I think it's kind of silly to cap the park passes for resort guests, but I believe that is what I read.

Oooh, how far out did you find that for? I’ve been kind of looking for a cheap onsite trip, since airfare is next to nothing at the moment, but I don’t know if I’m too early or too late to possibly catch a HotRate deal
Hotwire has Pop for $79 the last week of October

You got me on Epcot. The walk to the Studios is over a mile and a half. (trust me I know, from running the marathon)

The walking path from the Boardwalk area to HS is only about .8 mi/16 minutes according to online maps! Most folks I've seen reference it taking about 15-20 minutes. Not too bad.

I see people on here mentioned 10 day or more trips to WDW. I thought there was a cap on park days? I think it was 7 days, but could be mistaken? If that is true, are you going other places or just staying at the resort?
I think it's kind of silly to cap the park passes for resort guests, but I believe that is what I read.

Some folks may have annual passes, or be planning for more days of vacation with only 7 day park passes and planned rest/resort days. Or if they're really invested, could buy another multi-day pass to add extra days, though the expense would be much higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter