Step-by-step E-ticket (from UT) into the Disneyland App with names, please!

Dr.Mickey

DIS Veteran
Hello Disboards!

I understand there can be a trick loading E-tickets into the Disneyland App, and you only get ONE SHOT at adding a name to each ticket for easy Fastpass management with Maxpass.

We have 3 day hoppers with Maxpass from Undercover Tourist for our first family DLR trip from the east coast in a few days!

So, can someone please walk me step-by-step from opening the E-ticket email to entering it in the app WITH NAMES for each ticket?
It really is crazy to need help when I'm so used to the WDW ticket/app situation...but I think the trade-off of using Maxpass instead of having to plan exactly when I might need to go to the restroom 60 days in advance will be a nice trade-off!

I'm just a first timer not a regular but I put my Undercover Tickets in my app with no problem. As soon as I scanned it in there was a place to add a name. You will not miss it. Just returned last week and had no problems!!

I believe I printed out my tickets and then went into the app "link tickets and passes" and there was a place on the tickets to scan. Like I said that is where I added the name. Easy peasy.

I'm not able to provide step-by-step instructions, but I will say that I found the process very easy. I also had 3-day park-hoppers from Undercover Tourist for myself and my husband. I had downloaded the app at home ahead of time. I scanned each ticket into the app and entered a name, and that was it. Really hard to mess up.

I'm also now wondering, do the names you enter even matter? Aren't they just so that I can identify each ticket in my app more easily? I also entered names when ordering the tickets from UT, but that didn't seem to matter either. I printed the tickets and once I got to the turnstyles on the first day, CMs scanned them and then took our photos. It's not like they were checking our driver's licenses. So how would they even know if we used a fake name? I think the photo ID is what matters.

Thanks guys! To answer RemainSeated, I don’t think the names matter - except for managing different FPs without looking up the numbers. We plan some time with the older kids running separate from us, and I think getting the right name on the right ticket will make Maxpass easier.

Anyway, I should be good to go now. Thanks!

Thanks guys! To answer RemainSeated, I don’t think the names matter - except for managing different FPs without looking up the numbers. We plan some time with the older kids running separate from us, and I think getting the right name on the right ticket will make Maxpass easier.

Anyway, I should be good to go now. Thanks!

You are correct- this is the reason you don't want to mix up whose ticket is whose, especially if everyone will not be Maxpassing or Fastpassing together. The MP or FP return is tied to a specific ticket.

You are correct- this is the reason you don't want to mix up whose ticket is whose, especially if everyone will not be Maxpassing or Fastpassing together. The MP or FP return is tied to a specific ticket.
I managed to mess this up with a large group of teenagers I was chaperoning on my daughter’s band trip. Boy, did I regret it! Everybody had to memorize the last few digits of their ticket numbers and be ready to recite them, every time I was trying to add different kids to a MP group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter