Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

Just finished this process thanks to this post and all the great helpful insights. Cost only $20.20. Can't be beaten. Thanks again!
Can I ask you question .. did you use the form from the link or the new one I posted above. The older one seem to be better it allows me to put all contracts in membership together.

Can I ask you question .. did you use the form from the link or the new one I posted above. The older one seem to be better it allows me to put all contracts in membership together.
Disney still has the older form on the DVC website. Login to your DVC account then: FAQ/Managing Membership/Contracts & Deeds. I'd just use that since it is still on their website.

Disney still has the older form on the DVC website. Login to your DVC account then: FAQ/Managing Membership/Contracts & Deeds. I'd just use that since it is still on their website.
Ok that is odd that is the old form and not the new one they sent to me. They said what they removed in the new form is they can not right-refusal for name change. Like I said before it would be better to use the older form.

I started the process and I am confused. It seems I do not fit into same bucket of most doing this process. I have several properties some one their own membership and others with multiple contracts. My late wife is on all of them and I want to clear things up. I am looking to remove her name and add my children as beneficiary. I looked at joint tenancy with right of survivorship but I am just looking to add the right of survivorship since its just me. Is this too complicated and I should use service or is this doable?

I started the process and I am confused. It seems I do not fit into same bucket of most doing this process. I have several properties some one their own membership and others with multiple contracts. My late wife is on all of them and I want to clear things up. I am looking to remove her name and add my children as beneficiary. I looked at joint tenancy with right of survivorship but I am just looking to add the right of survivorship since its just me. Is this too complicated and I should use service or is this doable?
Doing both does add a level of complication. Getting a new deed done and recorded is the easy part but may not solve the entire issue. I'm not an attorney but as I understand it in FL and if it was as Joint with survivorship, a "Affidavit of Survivorship" should suffice. But that doesn't add the other parties to the deed. If it were me I'd talk to DVC legal department and get a formal documentation of what they will require to change the names over which is the only issue unless you plan to sell later anyway. You may have to do both the "Affidavit of Survivorship" and a new deed for each separate contract. If they're all under one master contract, that'll help make it a little simpler. If the title is held differently you likely will need to go through an attorney and you may need to clear probate. Let us know how this turns out.

Thanks for all your help. I called DVC as you advised and they clarified some thing but also make me realize this is complicated. They said First America Title will charge $500 per contract. I called LT Transfers and they are down to $200 per contract. Plus I will need to submit Affidavit of Continuous Marriage (affidavit of death) in Orlando and Indian River (Vero) which is additional $100 per. I think the last patter part is the one that seems confusing to me or I have not heard of others doing it.

Thanks for all your help. I called DVC as you advised and they clarified some thing but also make me realize this is complicated. They said First America Title will charge $500 per contract. I called LT Transfers and they are down to $200 per contract. Plus I will need to submit Affidavit of Continuous Marriage (affidavit of death) in Orlando and Indian River (Vero) which is additional $100 per. I think the last patter part is the one that seems confusing to me or I have not heard of others doing it.
That sounds c/w what I know and what I said above. Think of it this way, they need to be certain and to document that you are now the sole owner and have the right to "sell" it which is in effect what you're doing when you change the title. If LT transfer can do that part too that's very cool. I do think the terms they gave you are slightly inaccurate. Normally the continuous marriage form is different than the death certification. You might search through the records for OC to find one to model from. Again, they have to be held with right of survivorship I believe. After some quick research I'm convinced it isn't that difficult to get the affidavit done even on one's own.

That sounds c/w what I know and what I said above. Think of it this way, they need to be certain and to document that you are now the sole owner and have the right to "sell" it which is in effect what you're doing when you change the title. If LT transfer can do that part too that's very cool. I do think the terms they gave you are slightly inaccurate. Normally the continuous marriage form is different than the death certification. You might search through the records for OC to find one to model from. Again, they have to be held with right of survivorship I believe. After some quick research I'm convinced it isn't that difficult to get the affidavit done even on one's own.
So you think it would not be too hard to do all this on my own? Its not like I am have to do this quickly. I just want it done for piece of mind so I would rather do it myself.

So you think it would not be too hard to do all this on my own? Its not like I am have to do this quickly. I just want it done for piece of mind so I would rather do it myself.
I found an example of this on our local website her in florida, it's a pretty simple form. It was 3 pages including the death certificate. I found the continuous marriage form on open office but not one for death certification. I did not see the form on legal zoom but did see a couple of other legal sites that suggested they had the form. If LT transfers will do it, I'd likely go that route but if they won't do that part, may as well do all of it. You might also call OC and see if they have a form for this, they may. Our country did for a legal name change.

I found an example of this on our local website her in florida, it's a pretty simple form. It was 3 pages including the death certificate. I found the continuous marriage form on open office but not one for death certification. I did not see the form on legal zoom but did see a couple of other legal sites that suggested they had the form. If LT transfers will do it, I'd likely go that route but if they won't do that part, may as well do all of it. You might also call OC and see if they have a form for this, they may. Our country did for a legal name change.
Thanks Dean you have been super helpful. I have to see if I want o sink the almost 2K on this.

Thanks Dean you have been super helpful. I have to see if I want o sink the almost 2K on this.
I'm sorry you're having to go through this on top of all else. If they're different master contracts, you could jus do part of them. If you think the kids are appropriate to be on the deeds I'd likely follow it through. And if you're looking at that much you must have quite a few contracts, it might be worth doing it yourself in that situation.

Hi all,
Looking to do this to add my sister and I to my mom's contract. I posted on a facebook group and basically got told we will forfeit all our points if it is done wrong...

As of now I have the deed written up word for word with the existing one, minus changing the names to match what we want. I put $10 in the cost area. Otherwise it is exactly the same, and I have the 3 inch margin up top. I just need to add who it was prepared by. I'll probably print a copy of our deed and the new deed and have a few people look over it to ensure its word for word matching. I included the ground lease information but ours lists as 2013 while i see others are 2007 etc.

Do my sister and I need to sign it, or just my mom since she is the seller? We don't need to mention the gift portion in the deed correct?

I just don't want to loose my mom's points.

I put $10 in the cost area

Why??? If you paid then it’s not gratuitous.

No one seemed to care, but I typed out what LT Transfers did for me. It was something like “for the regard for” me or something. Go back in posts and look. I thought it was awesome, personally.

And you’re not going to void her points. How would that even work?

The giver signs it with notary and witnesses (not you guys).

ETA...

Ok I went back in posts here to find it.

That the Grantors, for and in consideration of the regard said Grantor has for said Grantee, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged,
etc

This is the wording LTTransfers used.

We don't need to mention the gift portion in the deed correct?

I think it gets mentioned in what’s above.

Thanks. I did more research and pulled a lot of name transfer deeds and they all mention $10 and I guess that is a signal that it is a gratis transfer. I wasn't sure how we could loose the points either. I've typed up two Deeds now. One following word for word another SSR name change deed from the company disney uses (i pulled multiple examples and changed out what was needed with our information) as well as our original deed with the updated information.

I feel like we should be good to go, I just don't want to risk forfeiting points.

Excellent post, very helpful and informative for anyone looking to change the title of their DVC. We get clients who request this information often. Thank you for posting.

Hi all - looking for some help. I just called DVC because I want to remove my ex husband from the 2 deeds at OKW, change my name & add someone else. The form they sent me was what VinnyT posted. Should I use that one or the one on the 1st page?

Hi all - looking for some help. I just called DVC because I want to remove my ex husband from the 2 deeds at OKW, change my name & add someone else. The form they sent me was what VinnyT posted. Should I use that one or the one on the 1st page?
I doubt it matters but it appears the ROFR waiver no longer has to be recorded. Just make sure on that. Basically fill out the form, get all owners to sign off including the ex. Get a new deed and the County form done and send it back to DVC. Even though the paperwork will talk about current reservations being cancelled, this is no longer the case. You can do it yourself if you want, you can get them both done for around $350-400 total.

I know this thread is a few months old, but was hoping someone could help. I am up to the point where I’m filling out the doc stamp tax form. Since I am also doing a gratuitous transfer, do I check yes when asked if it is a gift?? Thanks!

I know this thread is a few months old, but was hoping someone could help. I am up to the point where I’m filling out the doc stamp tax form. Since I am also doing a gratuitous transfer, do I check yes when asked if it is a gift?? Thanks!
So what did you do? Was it the right answer? I am filling it out and I am marking "yes" to the "Is it a gift?" question. Will likely send it in this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter