Stephen Porter, you nailed it !

Yes but they were originally supposed to have a shop and meet and greets. That was later cut.

True. Definitely a budget cut, but there's a small possibility that they changed it to reflect that these buildings wouldn't be in Andy's back yard.
The same way that Pizza Planet wasn't moved to Toy Story Land.

I just saw some photos of the Pixar merch in Beverly Sunset. Odd placement. Too far away from Toy Story Land for those impulse purchases after spending time in this new land.

a kitchen where Andy snacks, a space station that serves pizza???? (yes I stole that idea from another theme park) , maybe a place where kids could make there own cookies shaped like mr potato head. Or maybe a space station in the middle where kids can play while waiting for the rides. Or his house in the middle with the rides serving his backyard. Its really strange Disney cut funding to not have a store that will make them more money.

Like Hollywood Studios needs more rides , more food options and did I mention more rides. This will do two things reduce the 'crazy crowds' at Magic Kingdom. Something like Frozen would increase the numbers tenfold.It could have hotel anchoring the whole thing too. Why not a castle and a similar venture to BOG. Then you would have few more rides with SWL and TSL.

Let's not over think this. WDW will continue to suffer budget cuts so there is more money for the overseas theme parks. Bottom line, it doesn't matter what is done or not done at WDW, folks will keep coming, they just keep coming....

Don't worry.....soon Star Wars will cast so much shade over TSL that it will feel like Andy's flea circus.
True. And, that was probably their train of thought when deciding on what to cut. Besides, at least this way you won't have famlies setting up camp in there for the day. They would never leave. I remember taking my kids to the "children's area" of theme parks, and it was full of people that made themselves at home. Granted Disney World, in general, is too crowded for that to happen the way it does at other parks, but why tempt them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter