Stevie Nicks is AWFUL!!

I agree! So many of the female pop singers now are in particular just bleh. I refer to them as the herd of squeaky voiced girls who all sing the same song.

I also like a lot of singer/songwriter type stuff like Neil Young, Crosby Stills and Nash, etc. Southern Cross is just poetry put to music.

I don't care what anybody says, Justin Timberlake is not even in the same universe as Bob Dylan and Dan Fogelberg.

Sorry, I just love Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. I have since I was a kid. It's my preferred music to belt at the top of my lungs in the shower. Well, that and Sting and U2. :flower:

Rawr!!!! :cat:

Tsk, tsk. All these envious dames wishing they could be half as hot a goat as Stevie Nicks was and still is.

Last edited:

O geez! :tiptoe:

Well, zombie thread or not, I am a Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks fan. Haven't heard her lately, but it doesn't surprise me if she's not sounding like she did in her youth, not sure many of them do! :lmao: And she was battling pneumonia and who knows what else when this was originally written.

One story I remember about her - she said she only had about six guitar lessons, then she taught herself how to play. Not too shabby. She gets a pass from me!

I agree! So many of the female pop singers now are in particular just bleh. I refer to them as the herd of squeaky voiced girls who all sing the same song.

I can not stand Ariana Grande. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me, meanwhile everyone else wants to compare her to Celine Dion. Her voice annoyed me on Victorious and it still annoys me today. There is a reason she has to wear monitors the size of Princess Leah buns...

Zombie thread or not, I'll play along.

I like Fleetwood Mac and find Stevie to be okay. Saw her in concert (solo tour) in the 80's and she was well and truly awful - she didn't remember half the words of the songs and mumbled through the rest. I'm surprised she was able to stay upright between her "condition" (the effects of whatever drugs she was on) and all of the spinning in a circle that she did. I seem to recall she left the stage a few times too - leaving her band to play alone.

Anit it funny how some people age well and there talent remains and others the magic is gone
I believe, cocaine played a significant roll...

FWIW..huge Fleetwood Mac fan and loved Stevie

This individual was an inspiration to other young girls.

They thought that, if SHE can make money with THAT voice, so everyone else.

Even Miss Piggy sounds a lot better than this has- been.

Love Stevie too! I lived my twenties and thirtys singing her songs and all of Fleetwood Macs' as well. I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert just a few years ago and they were a bit toned down but definitely good. I actually thought they performed better that night without Christie McVie! Never thought she sounded very good.....

This individual was an inspiration to other young girls.

They thought that, if SHE can make money with THAT voice, so everyone else.

Even Miss Piggy sounds a lot better than this has- been.
How strange; the person that bumped up this old thread last year was also someone who joined the same day then never posted again.

Her and Bob Dylan, I never understood how they had singing careers.

Well, I do...but I thought at some point someone wasn't high and realized how bad they sucked!

Oh come now. She in her prime was never as bad as Bob Dylan. He can't carry a tune in a bucket. Couldn't in his prime either. At least she could carry one in a bucket.

I still agree with myself. I still love Stevie. I'd to see how long most of the current pop singers last.

This reminds me of an old "Wayne's World" skit in which Wayne imitates Stevie Nicks and he starts bleating like a goat :rotfl: It was hilarious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter