Still no more Comedy Club?

DisneyMarine

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if they are still doing deuling pianos on the three/four day cruise? We really miss the improv comedy they had originally.

Unfortunately, it's still dueling pianos, and propspects for the comedy to return are dim. I really miss it...I love improv comedy, and we attended almost every show. The only good thing about it being gone is that we get to bed a lot earlier now.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We never went.. i like standup comedy- is this even worth checking out?

We went to the family show once and enjoyed it. They kids were included in the show. But I would LOVE to see a comedy club type show (as long as they kept it clean). I loved the variety show on our seven day cruise where they got a young boy to come up on stage and dressed him like a puppet and the comic did an act with him. It was wonderful!

We would also love a country music night. But you can't have everything, right?
Debra

Actually, there used to be country music on the Magic, Originally, the Rockin' Bar D was rock music one night, then country the next...it alternated. But I guess that didn't go over well, so it was discontinued.
Barb

Speaking of the Rockin Bar D - what a nice makeover. It really looked sharp. It was remodeled during the dry dock a couple of years ago. Very impressed. And yes, I do miss the improve comedy. The pianos are OK - but nothing like the improve. I don't know why it was discontinued. It was just like Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Originally posted by AnnMorin
We never went.. i like standup comedy- is this even worth checking out?

Dueling Pianos is 2 pianos players, that play all kinds of fun, sing along type songs. They take requests(for a tip;) ). If you have ever been to Jellyrolls in WDW or any other piano bar(I see you are from Ma, have you been to Jake Ivories right near Fenway Park?), its just like those. We had a ball at both Jellyrolls & dueling pianos, but thats our type of stuff.

Thank you for all of your responses. It's too bad the comedy clubs are gone. As far as the show being clean, the early shows were family shows (up to about 10:30pm), but even the late shows were nothing like non disney comedy clubs. Does anyone know if we could convince disney to bring it back, if enough people were interested. :wave:

My suggestion would be to send an email or letter. I have made that suggestion on my comment card many times...it doesn't hurt, and maybe it could help if enough people were interested. I sort of doubt it, but heck, it's only the cost of a stamp. After all, it was a guest write-in that brought back the chocolate souffle at Palo, and they did bring the hand-scooped ice cream back to Scoops for a very brief.
Barb

Us too! The improvs were our favorite after hours activity. DH was even pulled up on stage one night - of course the only night I didn't have video cam with me:rolleyes:

Maybe that letter writing campaign would help!

Deb

I am a bit confused though, on our last cruise they had in Rock bar d I believe a comedian one night, a ventriloquist another I think they called it caberet show or something of that nature.

That is a different show. They used to have actual improv comedy in a lounge on that same level - I think it was down the passageway from Rockin' D. Decorated in those bright asterisks from the Laugh In era! Great improv!

Deb

That's right, the clubs were called Offbeat on the Magic and Barrel of laughs on the Wonder. Both had an improv comedy show much like "Whose line is it anyway". It was a great show, they would take suggestions from the audience and on occasion would pull someone out of the audience and have some fun with them, (they did this to my wife, too funny! Also no camera!!). Glad to see that I'm not alone :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter