Still not quite understanding the DDP

donna93

Earning My Ears
OK heres what I understand
I have 8 days for 4 people
each day you get 1ts,1cs,,and1snack per person, am I right there
What I dont understand is for the cs,ts,andsnack does it depend on the amount of money on the item on how many cs and ts and snacks you use?
For the ts
each person gets an appetizer,meal,and dessert per day, right?
And is this also for the expensive restaurants that counts for 1ts? Because if thats true its a great deal!

Thanks

Here again is the official dining plan guide for this year

Disney Dining Plan

It shows you which restaurants require the use of a TS credit, CS credit or snack. The credits used are based on the location. Now you do have some places that take CS ans snack credits. At those locations, on their menu they will have a sticker (in most cases) next to items that can be considered for a snack credit (typically items under $4) If you are not sure, ask the CM (cat member) and they will tell you what you can get.

Each person gets 1 TS credit, 1 CS credit and 1 snack credit per day. If a child under the age of 10 is using a credit, they must order off of the children's menu.

Yes, at TS meals you get an appetizer, entree, desert and non-alcholic beverage with each meal.

Yes, some priey restaurants are only 1 TS credit.

And yes, the dining plan is a good deal :thumbsup2 (at least my family thinks so!)

Actually, the credits are "per night of your stay", not "per day". That's important to keep in mind. If you're staying 7 nights/8days, you will get 7 credits for each person for each TS, CS, and snacks.

The total number of credits are given to you at checkin, so you can spend them any way that you please. They are not distributed on a daily basis. In other words, a family of 4, staying 7 nights would receive 28 TS, 28 CS and 28 snack credits at checkin. You could then use those credits in any order that you want - 8 TS for Narcoosse's followed by another 8 TS credits for Hoop De Doo is perfectly fine if that's how you choose to spend them.

There are a few restrictions as to which appetizers, entrée addons, beverages or desserts you can order. Meaning, in some restaurants appetizers meant for two may not be allowed or two people may have to choose that single appetizer to be shared. Certain addons like lobster or shrimp with your steak may not be allowed. Milkshakes and smoothies may be considered to be a beverage at some TS but others may consider them to be desserts. There are no limitations to the dollar amount that you can spend for your meal, with the exception of snacks, which are pretty much limited to choices valued at $4.00 or less.

Yes, it is a good deal, especially if you want to eat (try) some of the more expensive restaurants. My family has done it twice. First time paid for it, second time free. Also going in Sept. for free again. What I really like about it is these main things:

1. We have tried restaurants that we hadn't before. We know have new favs-Kona and Park Faire (both for dinner)
2. When not on the DDP, we tend to eat more meals outside of the parks (inc. in our room). We go to the store (we have rental van) and economize by eating cereal and sandwiches, fruit, toast, etc. With DDP we only eat breakfast in the room (most days)
3. My DD can get whatever she wants! I'm not paying extra for it so if she wants dessert, she can have it. If she doesn't eat it all-I don't care! :goodvibes .
4. Snacks-even before the new changes on the plan, I liked not thinking about every $ spent on snacks. Now with the changes, I don't think we'll have a problem using up all our snack credits. My DD6 especially likes getting an Itzakadoozie (popsicle) everyday. They are her favorite. When I have to pay for it, I let her get one every other day, or so. On DDP-everyday-who cares!

Basically, I like the freedom of knowing my meals are taken care of, I can order what I want, and I get to try new places. This trip we are trying for the first time, Rose and Crown, and Park Faire for :bday: breakfast. Maybe Alfredos too, have to check our schedule.

The one negative about DDP (IMHO) is this: Trying to plan where you're going to be each day of the trip is next to impossible! :confused3 The best I can do is look at the parks calendars and figure which park I think I'll be in at dinner time (usually the EMH p.m. park). I also scheduled some at resorts so that if we don't go to one of the 4 parks that day, we'll still have ADR somewhere. We know we'll go to at least one water park this trip (probably both though) and my DM refuses to spend all 10 days of our trip at Disney. So, we will have to make at least one, or two, small side trips-to the beach, Kennedy, etc. to keep her happy. If those days fall on a day I scheduled a meal in a park, then we are out of luck! I know that all the ADR I have will not hold, I will have to cancel at least a few while we are there.

Here's where we're dining (at least I have these ADR)
Kona dinner :lovestruc
Prime Time Cafe dinner
Park Faire dinner :lovestruc
San Angel lunch and Le Cellier dinner (same day)
Cal. Grill dinner
LTT dinner and MNSSHP
Rose and Crown dinner (1st time)
Brown Derby dinner (DM loves Cobb salad!)
Park Faire :bday: breakfast (1st time)

CS and snacks have nothing to do with the cost of an item.

You are allowed a CS meal which is defined as an entree and side or a combo meal with a beverage and dessert. If the restaurant doesn't serve desserts, then you don't get a dessert. If they serve one or 2 dessert items, then those are your only choices.

The only restaurant we encountered that was an exception was Earl of Sandwich. They had a large sign clearly posted that said that you got a sandwich, fountain drink (only), and dessert on DDP was a cookie or brownie.There was no side item included.

Snack items are clearly labelled on the menu boards and shelves as "snack item." In general, items costing up to about $4 are included as snack items, but the rule is that it has to be labelled as a snack item, not that it has to cost under $4. Some items (like a slice of pizza) cost less than $4 but are not snack items. A 1/2 gallon of milk (cost $3.09) is not a snack item, but a whole box of donuts (cost $3.89) is a snack item at SSR. A quart of milk (soct $2.29) is a snack item.

All you really have to worry about is whether something is labelled as a snack item. For CS, it is basically a meal. If an entree comes with something (burger and fries) that is a combo meal. If it is an entree alone, you can choose one side item. In either case, you can add a beverage and a dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter