Stitch’s Great Escape permanently closed

I don't know how you'd hoax something like this, but I just do not understand why when you are dismantling the ride that you need to rip the outsides off of an animatronic before you just take the whole thing out of there .... ???

It's probably easier to take it apart there and separate the materials for scrap as opposed to moving it someplace else to be dismantled.

I don't know how you'd hoax something like this, but I just do not understand why when you are dismantling the ride that you need to rip the outsides off of an animatronic before you just take the whole thing out of there .... ???
The bolts holding it down and all of its electrical connections are probably under the covering.

I was including local amusement parks too, many of which of rapids. If you are strictly talking about traveling carnivals I agree they don't have rapids.

I personally love the Himalaya and think Disney could make it feel Disney. If you had two and ran them well I think it would have good enough capacity. Unfortunately there aren't that many Himalayas at local parks, so they are hard to do outside of fairs.

That said, I doubt they'll do it.

They do have a Himalaya type ride in some of the international Toy Story Land themed to slinky dog (this is the one in Hong Kong) ... so something like this, with a different theme, in the dark, with some projection mapping I think could be fun

The Stitch theaters are small and oddly shaped and they're placed in the center of a building that is not easily accessible by construction equipment.

It's fenced in by Cosmic Ray's, Mickey's Star Traders etc. and the People Mover. The theaters are round, and added together have about 1/2 the floor space of the theater space for Star Tours (guessing from online satellite photos).

I feel like overall there is actually decent space for a new attraction. Nothing super major but could easily fit a dark ride in the space. The two theatres and pre-show areas are about the size of most of the Fantasyland dark rides. The biggest problem though like you said would be getting construction equipment in there to tear stuff down and build something new

They do have a Himalaya type ride in some of the international Toy Story Land themed to slinky dog (this is the one in Hong Kong) ... so something like this, with a different theme, in the dark, with some projection mapping I think could be fun

I am somewhat surprised they didn’t put this type of ride in. Only reason I can possibly come up with is Disney wanting to be wheelchair friendly and loading while transferring would’ve been a pain, along with the obvious capacity issues

Disney, as well as any amusement/theme park, needs what they call flat rides. They take up minimal space and add ride capacity to the park. There are going to be unused spaces in the park that a huge show building can’t fit. I would argue that HS needs more flat rides.

Last edited:

I cant wait to see what they put there. Its a prime location and I may or may not get chills walking by thinking of being a little kid and alien encounter when they killed the guy carrying the flashlight (actual cast member)... ugh nightmares HA

I'm happy it's gone! What a lame ride. They should do some Star Wars, which is a huge draw.

For as prime a real estate location as it is, I'm very surprised they haven't announced anything for that space yet. Constant rumors for a while now.
I'd prefer an attraction, and one that could cycle through many people. I could also see some sort of Stitch meet and greet continuing in there. You could also put a table service restaurant in there, I think MK could use another one of those. Bottom line is just about anything there would be a welcome addition. I hate the concept of a seasonal closure at a place that is proving to be busy year round, especially when we all knew it was a "seasonal" closure. We all knew it needed to be closed for good.

They should use the space to do that star wars VR or something like it there. Not everyone wants to head to Downtown Disney.

The main reason I don't see this happening is that it takes too long. The Void is a 45 minute experience and about half of that is getting into the suit and explaining to everyone how to use it. Plus they have to stop and restart it a lot because something goes wrong. Considering Peter Pan handles 800-1000 and it gets ridiculously backed up, a ride similar to a VR experience that can only process 50 people an hour is just not practical in the parks.

Also, the backpacks are WAY too heavy for a child to wear! There is a reason you have to be 4 feet tall and 10+ years old. Would you see that working in Magic Kingdom of all places?

I have heard rumors of a ride with VR helmets where you sit on the ride and put on a helmet. That might work. Although I would still have concerns about them being able to make a helmet that would work for all ages and sizes and that wouldn't be absurdly slow and problem ridden with technical difficulties.

That would be a good idea if it will fit. Know the Slinky one is pretty big and on quite a slope so attraction is really on two layers, ish. Board at the top and exit at the bottom if that sense. Still a really fun ride and could be something to do with space travel

The main reason I don't see this happening is that it takes too long. The Void is a 45 minute experience and about half of that is getting into the suit and explaining to everyone how to use it. Plus they have to stop and restart it a lot because something goes wrong. Considering Peter Pan handles 800-1000 and it gets ridiculously backed up, a ride similar to a VR experience that can only process 50 people an hour is just not practical in the parks.

Also, the backpacks are WAY too heavy for a child to wear! There is a reason you have to be 4 feet tall and 10+ years old. Would you see that working in Magic Kingdom of all places?

I have heard rumors of a ride with VR helmets where you sit on the ride and put on a helmet. That might work. Although I would still have concerns about them being able to make a helmet that would work for all ages and sizes and that wouldn't be absurdly slow and problem ridden with technical difficulties.
Bush gardens has a vr ride with a good capacity and turnaround. Battle for Eire. You put a plastic helmet with frame on during the preshow. The goggles are attached to the ride seat, and snap onto the frame you got. You dump the frame in bins after the ride for cleaning

Bush gardens has a vr ride with a good capacity and turnaround. Battle for Eire. You put a plastic helmet with frame on during the preshow. The goggles are attached to the ride seat, and snap onto the frame you got. You dump the frame in bins after the ride for cleaning

Precisely. That’s the only way I see VR working in the park. Not a walk / touch / explore like the void, but a dark ride like Battle for Eire. But why would disney bother when they have tech like FOP which is about as good (only drawback is you can’t look left or right too far) but needs no headset. Also although battle for Eire doesn’t have an age restriction, it has a soft one by having a minimum height of 42 inches. How well would a 2 year old handle the headset? Or 3? Magic Kingdom has a younger audience. Not saying it can’t be done as we’ve heard rumors about Disney looking into it. But if it did, it would be more like Battle for Eire than like the void.

I agree completely. I rather there be something there than nothing, but i also don't want more premium things in the park, i rather there be only tours and about half as many parties and paid extra hours as there currently are.

Hey All! Big Lilo and Stitch fan here and glad I found this thread! I came across this awesome prop that I think is from Stitch's Great Escape (That's what I'm being told... I think it's from there too). Wondering if any of you fellow Stitch lovers have seen this in the queue, ride, shop afterwards etc... I think it was in an acrylic case so people can't touch it. Let me know if you have any hints!

Attachments

• 58060484295--B58A58FC-C270-40C8-925E-2F5EF6E45BA0.JPG
    58060484295--B58A58FC-C270-40C8-925E-2F5EF6E45BA0.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 58060487629--C6A7FED2-4FFA-46E5-BED6-320DF1B02962.JPG
    58060487629--C6A7FED2-4FFA-46E5-BED6-320DF1B02962.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 58060488967--7216B8A6-5DC5-449B-BDB6-F6882E1FCD30.JPG
    58060488967--7216B8A6-5DC5-449B-BDB6-F6882E1FCD30.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 34

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!