• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stocking up on Mara food at Kidani?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I was just wondering if anyone can find a downside to doing this. I'm at Kidani for 4 nights, and I know the only CS is over at Jambo. I was planning to take the shuttle over to Jambo after check-in and get some things at Mara (I love their soup, zebra domes, cupcakes, muffins for instance). There's a refrigerator and microwave in my room, just refrigerate and reheat as desired. This is a solo trip, so I'm just stocking up for one person. Can anyone see any downside? For example, I don't think flatbreads would reheat very well.

I was just wondering if anyone can find a downside to doing this. I'm at Kidani for 4 nights, and I know the only CS is over at Jambo. I was planning to take the shuttle over to Jambo after check-in and get some things at Mara (I love their soup, zebra domes, cupcakes, muffins for instance). There's a refrigerator and microwave in my room, just refrigerate and reheat as desired. This is a solo trip, so I'm just stocking up for one person. Can anyone see any downside? For example, I don't think flatbreads would reheat very well.

I would not want to eat days old, prepared food. That would be a big downside to me. It is only a 10 minute walk over to Jambo so I would just head over when hungry.

I think muffins and the like would be ok for the next day, after that it would not be acceptable for me.

They also have a shuttle back & forth

I also just noticed some of the offerings at the pool bar look pretty good. If I remember from what I saw, there was a salad with Tandoori chicken, for instance, that looked good.

You dont need to stock up much. The shuttle runs door to door every few minutes, and since both entranceways are well covered, you wont even get wet in the rain. Id say put stuff in the room for breakfast and maybe some snacks. Though i dont see a downside to getting some snacks or food at mara but dont feel like its a must.

I also just noticed some of the offerings at the pool bar look pretty good. If I remember from what I saw, there was a salad with Tandoori chicken, for instance, that looked good.

Yes, the food at the bar is quite good! We've had & shared the turkey club on multi grain, , as well as the tandoori shrimp, chickpea salad and the ceasar salad w/ chicken. My son however never shares his lamb kafta burger, it's that good!

As far as stocking up, soup would reheat well, as would muffins etc. Will you be going to the parks, because you could bring home QS things from there on your way out of the park, to nosh on later ! French Patiserries, Kringla Bakery, Main St. Bakery, all have pastries, sandwiches, salads and tasty desserts etc.

Most of the pool bar offerings come right off the in room dining menu, and yes it is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter