Stolen Golf carts!

HS3kids

Mouseketeer
Just got back from the Fort and wondered if anyone else had any problems with golf carts going missing?
We were parked at the Meadow Trading Post Oct 14 and our cart was gone when we returned from the pool. Had a new one delivered within 10 minutes (they were great) and figured it was an honest mistake, someone didnt check the number and would be in for a surprise later....
Until........ 2 days later we were parked at the main bus station lot, near the stables and when we returned from Blizzard Beach, BIL's cart was gone!!! He was told that they thought it might be teenagers swiping them and joyriding. Again, they were great and got a replacement cart right away, but this time my souvenir refillable mug was stolen too- it was in the cup holder :mad:

Anyone else have this happen or are we the only lucky ones? ;)

No, it's not just you.
We were at the Fort the week before Thanksgiving last year.
We came back from DTD one nite, and guess what? No cart.
I went to the office and I told them, "You told me if I lost the key, there would be $15 charge. Well, I have the key.........' They said that it happens. Apparently, many of the keys are interchangeable.
We will now be bringing our own cart. We are trying to figure out how to keep it from going missing. Anyone have any ideas?

I saw a lot of decorated carts- that might help deter the thieves, if the cart is easily identifiable?
Sorry you had your cart stolen too... if the response from FW had been different (bad) it would have sucked more- as it was, it was semi- comical :)

My last trip I brought a borrowed cart, practically new. Also brought a heavy cable lock and lockeed the steering wheel to the roof support.

Kinda hard to steer that way.

I saw a lot of decorated carts- that might help deter the thieves, if the cart is easily identifiable?
Sorry you had your cart stolen too... if the response from FW had been different (bad) it would have sucked more- as it was, it was semi- comical :)
It was comical. I thought that I was the only one with such a warped sense of humor.
However, I probably would not have found it so funny had it been MY cart.
My cart is personalized, but the cable locking the steering wheel is a good idea.
I think that if it requires time and thought, the dishonest will move on. They will go with what is easiest to get away with. They don't want to draw attention to themselves.

If someone takes my cart, they had better take it off property quick. Otherwise, I cannot be responsible for my actions.

After having read the stories over the past months about this happening... I came up on a deal at Kmart, one of those "The Club" things?? Clearance priced, $8....

the-club-lock.jpg

I remember the club. But isn't it supposed to be positioned the other way?? Anycase, my entire family had one for each car. Wonder what they did with them...

Many of the carts or "pargos" that Disney uses all across property have horrible ignitions. I mean, you could probably start half of them with your mailbox key. So it doesn't surprise me that teens are going for a joy ride in them.

As for the lost mug. I would've reported that stolen as well. A decent manager would've gotten you a replacement. On the other hand, even if the cart was still there, it's very possible for the cup to go missing during the day in a lot like that.

After having read the stories over the past months about this happening... I came up on a deal at Kmart, one of those "The Club" things?? Clearance priced, $8....

the-club-lock.jpg

We bought a version of the club from Everything carts. I actually drilled a hole in the gas pedal and hook it from there to the steering wheel. It was cheap and it get the job done. As Auburn Jen said If you steal my cart you better quickly take it off property. Mine would definatley be noticed if stolen

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-1110-dr-hook-golf-cart-pedal-lock.aspx

I had a key pad ignition put on my cart. If you don’t have the code it does not go anywhere unless you tow it. The Cub sucks most people can take it off in less than 1min that’s why you don’t hear about them anymore.

Are they stealing personal carts or just the Fort ones? :scared1: Either way is bad but I don't have any money invested in a Fort one?

Of course mine is painted like a NYC taxi cab with our name on it. Kind of hard to hide! ;)

We came back from MK one night Late Late from MK and my Disney cart was missing but there was one sitting there. So I called it in as stolen and Disney gave me a credit. I went back about 3am and that cart was still there. So I put my key in it and off I went. The people that had that cart took mine. Used that cart for free the 5 days I was there never had Disney stop me or said anything.

Guess this stinks no matter what but are these carts actually stolen or could these just be people mistaken your cart for there's has anyone heard of personal carts being taken guess disney carts all look alike so they could be easily mistaken but could be kids joy riding also have seen some young kids driven personal carts and people with little ones in there laps driving dis carts guess all you can do is try to personalize your cart so it doesn't look like every other dis cart and hope they will leave yours alone i would think joyriding kids wouldn't ride in a personal cart cause they would be spotted alot easier:confused3

Disney back in the 90’s used the round keys and the where 10 different ones. So just jump in the wrong cart and it working was very few. Now Disney uses a regular key and there are only 3 different ones. So now you can see how easy it would be to take the wrong cart or just take a cart for joyride but you still need one of their keys.

I was certain our cart had been taken one day a couple of trips ago. We started the day at Chef Mickeys, then went straight to Epcot. When we returned, the cart was no where to be found. Just as I was about to report it, I remembered that it wasn't at the Outpost at all, but rather was at the marina. :sad2: Brilliant blond moment.

Disney back in the 90’s used the round keys and the where 10 different ones. So just jump in the wrong cart and it working was very few. Now Disney uses a regular key and there are only 3 different ones. So now you can see how easy it would be to take the wrong cart or just take a cart for joyride but you still need one of their keys.

I thought for example if you had a club car, any club car key would fit any club car? You would think some of these golf cart companies would make an aftermarket key switch with a specific key like a car. I'm sure the rocket scientist out there can fabricate one themselves:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!