Stop Putting the Wrong Gas in Your Vehicle

That's nothing new, it's been that way for decades. However, I don't know many people who put premium unleaded in a car designed for 87. The issue is usually the other way around. People try to save money and put regular in a car designed for premium.

You keep saying this, while obviously having no idea how the majority of the country needs vehicles to live (literally).
While I live in one of those areas, I will admit I could drive more efficiently than I do. More errands at the same time, less quick trips, etc. It won’t save much gas but it saves some if you’re in a pinch. It is a bit soul sucking if you’re home a lot & want to get out though.

My wife commutes about 55 miles a day. She wanted an AWD and like the HRV over the CRV so that is what she got... It is light and very fuel efficient but to save more by driving less I limit her to 50 miles a day driving so the remaining 5 miles she pushes the car but I planned it so it is all down hill. Before we got 30 MPG mixed with the 10% pushing the car everyday we now get 33MPG.....

I had the option to use "cheaper" FlexFuel, but it cost me more money because it gave me less miles per gallon.

While I live in one of those areas, I will admit I could drive more efficiently than I do. More errands at the same time, less quick trips, etc. It won’t save much gas but it saves some if you’re in a pinch. It is a bit soul sucking if you’re home a lot & want to get out though.
I drive as efficiently as I can by combining errands and I don't make quick trips. The majority of the week my vehicle never leaves the garage, but the attitude of "oh you don't need a car, just walk or take public transportation" irritates the crap out of me.

If we want to eat or work, trips are not discretionary. Get out of your city bubble and you'll quickly realize that.

Celebration Florida is not a city. Nor is the Villages Florida. Both are master planned suburban communities that show if designed correctly you don't need a car to get around.

That's nothing new, it's been that way for decades. However, I don't know many people who put premium unleaded in a car designed for 87. The issue is usually the other way around. People try to save money and put regular in a car designed for premium.

Omg yes! I just don't get people who spend money on a nice car and then are too cheap to spend the money on the level of gas that is the best suited for the engine in the car. I drive a bimmer and know that when I bought the car, more expensive gas was part of the package. My coworker who bought his dream car, an Audi convertible (used), was asking around if he could put regular or plus instead to save a couple of bucks. C'mon man!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter