Stop with all the Acronyms.... just stop ....

BillyRay_Omaha

Earning My Ears
OMG I can't take it any more everyone is just making up acronyms, like it's to hard to spell out Blizzard Beach or Tower of Terror for the love of god just spell it out.

Thinking of going to MVMCP but will be at BB till 4 so will our FP work on SM at 5 or swap it for BTMR or HM or possibly SM wait SM and SM are the same Acronyms how about JC or POC for god's sake stop people and spell it out.

By the way we have AP's and are thinking of DVC possibly setting WL or BW as our home resorts, what do you think? BW is full but some are available at YC thoughts?

Coming into an existing group and telling them how to post is extremely rude.

If you're unsure what an acronym means, just ask.

If you have a problem with it then don't use them and maybe don't look on here.
BTW OMG is one as well yet you used it.
Its not that they are hard to spell its that they are long.
Its much easier than typing the whole thing out.
It would be a waste to constantly type out The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror, or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, or Pirates of the Caribbean....
Also I rarely see SM and SM unless the poster has specified which one they were talking about in and initial post.

OP I wish this post had a "love button". When I first joined to get info about a first time Disney trip I was so lost. I had literally no idea what some posts were talking about. I do agree that some of the abbreviations get out of hand. I am smirking at those who are offended by this post. An online post making a jab about abbreviations is not worth getting worked up over.

OP I wish this post had a "love button". When I first joined to get info about a first time Disney trip I was so lost. I had literally no idea what some posts were talking about. I do agree that some of the abbreviations get out of hand. I am smirking at those who are offended by this post. An online post making a jab about abbreviations is not worth getting worked up over.

When folks first join they should probably do some exploring and they would find the thread about acronyms vs starting a rant.
Or at the very least if they don't understand something they could simply say sorry but what does that mean and a kind poster would likely provide them with the acronyms thread.
We were all new at one point and had to figure it out. Difference is some people go about it wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!