Storey Lake 5 bedroom home

ekmom

Mouseketeer
In early March (before all the virus stuff), our family rented a 5 bedroom home in Storey Lake. We were very happy with it. Here's my review and I'll happily answer questions.

Location: If you're doing a parks every day kind of trip, this may not be the place for you, since it's not the closest to WDW. Our trip was a combo of visiting local family who live by the airport (and who still had to work part of the time we were there), one MK day, and one Disney Springs day. So the location was great for us because we wanted to be east of WDW to make it easier for our local family. Getting to the WDW area was fine. There was a Publix, Walmart, and other stores close by as well as a Wawa (great for carryout meals!) and other restaurants too.

The home: address was 4732 Sleepy Hollow Drive. We rented through VRBO and seemingly it was available on many other platforms. The house had a great floor plan, 3 bedrooms/3 baths upstairs, 2 bedrooms/2 baths down. The downstairs bedrooms were separated by the open great room/dining room/kitchen, which made for privacy. It was spotlessly clean (even the BBQ grill), well maintained, and everything was exactly as in the pics or better. The kitchen was really well equipped and we didn't lack for anything. The pool, while small, was nice. We paid extra to heat it and it was warm. The location in the complex was great because there is very little parking up at the clubhouse and we were close enough to walk. We had no issues with noisy neighbors.

Communication with renters: The home is managed by Florida Scandia and they were great. Very responsive and even took time to email me when I accidentally left my driver's license at their office. One slight drawback is that you have to go to their office when you check in and it's about 20 minutes from the property. But that's a one time thing, so no big deal.

The complex: The gatehouse situation is a bit weird. The gates were open during the day, until 7 pm. Apparently you were supposed to get a parking pass which we didn't realize until we tried to get in one day after 7. But someone else let us in so no big deal. We were travelling with 3 kids (4 year old and 20 month old twins) so we didn't really use the lazy river/slide/splash pad. But the one time we were over there it looked clean and everything appeared to be working.

Cost: total cost was $2572 for 7 nights. That includes an extra $35 per day for pool heat.

We would stay there again!

We will have to check out this complex. We enjoy Windsor Hills but the last rental did not meet our expectations. A community pool and gated community are advantages.

As a family of five, we find it more comfortable and affordable to stay off site. Thanks for posting this recommendation.

This is great to know- thank you! We are renting a house there in December! So excited!

This being a newer place, I hope more people will come and share their experiences. I have a feeling this is really going to give Windsor Hills lots of competition. I stayed in a private home resort once (Regal Palms) and I quickly learned I was not a fan of private homes. I miss the resort like bedding and amenities. I still prefer timeshares over private homes but to each their own. We are considering a family vacation that could include over 10 people. I think we will have to consider a vacation home if that happens. It will probably be a toss up between Windsor Hills and Storey Lake. I have never been to neither one but I think I would choose Storey Lake because it's new. But the location of Windsor Hills to attractions gives it more of an advantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!