Storing car seat at resort

kdogfister

Earning My Ears
We are travelling to AKL (Jambo) after some time in other parts of Florida. We will return our rental car prior to checking in and will have a car seat. Will the front desk store it, or does it have to go in our room?

Thanks for any knowledge on this.

I don't know if the front desk/bell service will store it but it would probably fit in either the top or bottom of the closet. Another possibility is on the floor on either side next to the patio/terrace window. One more spot? The 1st bed's wall closest to the bathroom has a a nice bit of out of the way space. 'm assuming you are getting a standard 2 QB room but if you've another room configuration I really can't say since I've never been in the AKL Jambo suites, studio, etc.

I imagine they will store it before you have access to the room/after check out, but once you're checked in, you'd probably have to keep it in the room.

I emailed guest services with this question and they said bell services would store the car seats for us while we are there. We will have 2 car seats and they would take up a lot of space in our studio.

ETA we are staying at beach club.

Thanks for this. I had a feeling if I asked once there the answer would be yes. Good to know that answer is yes even ahead of time.

I imagine they will store it before you have access to the room/after check out, but once you're checked in, you'd probably have to keep it in the room.

I worked the bell desk at a deluxe during my CP. It was 14 years ago (so things may have changed), but it was no problem to store things for an entire stay. We had a family who was doing a split camping stay - tent camping at FW then moved to the resort. We stored their tent/camping gear during their stay at the resort.

Guests did check large items for their whole stay from time to time. I can’t think of another example off the top of my head, but the camping one was memorable.

Last edited:
I worked the bell desk at a deluxe during my CP. It was 14 years ago (so things may have changed), but it was no problem to store things for an entire stay. We had a family who was doing a split camping stay - tent camping at FW then moved to the resort. We stored their tent/camping gear during their stay at the resort.

Guests did check large items for their whole stay from time to time. I can’t think of another example off the top of my head, but the camping one was memorable.

I never would have thought to just leave something with bell services the whole time....

We found out in January 2010 that not only will they store it for you if you need it for a day it is very easy to go over and pick it up for use that day. We were at CBR and had a 4 am ME bus time thanks to someone (cough sister of mine cough) booking us on a 7 am flight. (No I did not find the 3:30 AM knock from Bell Services amusing nor the having to be up at 3 AM). They had the car seat properly installed (no more than 1 inch of movement in any direction) in the bell service van when they came and picked us up. Because we were in Jamaica when we arrived they gave us a ride over to our island with our carry on luggage and so that our toddler was safe the cast member from Bell Services even helped my DH make sure the seat was properly installed. (My brother said that he wished someone other than him had helped my DH install it in the rental van. We used the one person puts a knee in the seat while a 2nd person pulls the belt or LATCH system really tight method of installation). It was a different Bell Service Cast Member picking us up so they did make sure it was communicated that there was a child car safety seat that needed to be installed.

I'd be concerned with the integrity of the car seat - there's a lot of shuffling around in the storage areas and a car seat shouldn't get dropped, etc.

As a follow up Beach Club stored 2 of our car seats at bell services for 8 nights. There were not any issues or problems.

We returned Monday from our stay at Jambo house in a DVC Studio. As it turns out, their was plenty of room on top of the wardrobe for it and a couple of suitcases so we did not store it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!