Stormalong Bay

blossomz

Proud DVC owner since 2002!
Our next trip will be at Beach Club Villas this summer. We were wondering is the the pool has sand all along the bottom? Also..where does the lazy river go?:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi!
most of SAB has a sandy bottom, some parts have more sand than others... :)
The lazy river is in one part of the pool, it is about 6 ft deep, and just goes around in a circle, underneath a bridge!
rent a float and float away!!! so relaxing :)

Laura

Stormalong Bay :Has a sand bottom. It is our favorite pool.

There are actually several sections to the pool ; the BC and YC sections are separate and different so be sure to try both. There is a deep circular area with jets that push you like a river current around the pool. There is also the larger area where the the water slide empties out (The water slide is not to be missed! but sometimes the line gets long) In addition, the *sinking sand* area delights both kids and adults. There are several 'hot tubs' located in secluded locations around Stormalong Bay . A separate wading pool area (yes with sand) is located near the ShipWreck water slide entrance for small children and includes a kids water slide. StormAlong Bay is over 3 acres large.

It sounds fabulous! We have never had the time to explore over in this area so when we go it will be like a brand new experience! We have never been to the boardwalk either. So it sounds like we will have a great time!:smooth:

Stormalong Bay is the best Disney pool IMHO!! dbail2 is correct in saying that there are many sections of the pool, each a little different.

Also, technically, the sand bottom portions are not really sand, but finely cut stones of some type that feel like sand. I guess sand would really mess up the pool's filtration system even more than the stones do now.:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

10drum,
Thanks for the info! Can you tell I don't have fish?:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Cindala, I don't have fish either, I just ask one of the cast members, what the heck is this stuff on the bottom of this pool?

Blossomz,

We love BC & YC because of Stormalong Bay, the Boardwalk and the location. My 11 year old son considers SAB an attraction and he can't wait each evening to head over to the Boardwalk - there are carnival type games to play and street entertainers - I love it too.

Have a magical time!

Mama Quack:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter