"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

We just got a one night stay in a 2 bedroom at the end of Sept and can not wait! We have been wanting to try BCV for awhile and are super excited to see the resort and experience the pool!

Are you headed to BCV this Christmas season?

I am the overall coordinator for the 14th Annual Christmas Tree Exchange at the DVC resorts. At each resort, someone donates a Christmas tree for the room, and someone organizes the exchange so that several families can share the tree.

The link to the tree exchange page with more info can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/14th-annual-dvc-christmas-tree-exchange.3525901/

We are always looking for more people to share in the fun. :santa:

VERY EXCITED about our upcoming October stay; looking forward to seeing the renovated rooms and F&W of course!:laughing::drinking1October is a great month to enjoy Stormalong Bay, our fav!:beach:

Spoke with MS yesterday. Was essentially told that as soon as BCV management run down the punch list on the refurb, they'll switch to 5/studio.

IOW, the punch list is still keeping a few rooms out of service and once all rooms are back in service post refurb, they'll make the change.

A few weeks, tops.

MS put me on hold for 10 min while they contacted BCV management to ask directly.

Last edited:
Spoke with MS yesterday. Was essentially told that as soon as BCV management run down the punch list on the refurb, they'll switch to 5/studio.

IOW, the punch list is still keeping a few rooms out of service and once all rooms are back in service post refurb, they'll make the change.

A few weeks, tops.

MS put me on hold for 10 min while they contacted BCV management to ask directly.

We just checked out on Saturday. There was no major construction going on but at least 10-12 rooms were out of service on the 2nd floor in the hallway on the walk to our villa. The only issue we had was the bed was a little uncomfortable. Then, on the LAST DAY before checkout, maintenance just shows up out of the blue with a new pillowtop king mattress. Nice timing! :headache: Ah well. If you're lucky enough to get villa 248 in the coming weeks, enjoy the new mattress! I miss the old look, but it's nice to have everything refreshed. I really liked the new bathroom vanity next to the big used-to-be-jetted tub. If anyone can tell me what that material is, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have my own bathroom refurb coming up soon (according to DW. :worship:)

We stayed in 367 back in 2014 and it was a dedicated 2 BR with two queens in the second BR.

All dedicated 2 BR now have 2 queen beds. That part is already updated on the web site; the specific "dedicated 2 BR with 2 queen beds in 2nd bedroom" booking category has been removed.

We're arriving in late October...2 bedroom...Our first time in this resort, we were lucky to snag this last minute reservation!

We're arriving in late October...2 bedroom...Our first time in this resort, we were lucky to snag this last minute reservation!

Nice! Usually studios and 1BR are more popular during F&W, so the odds were more in your favor going for a 2BR. Still, congrats on the booking. You'll love it!

Thank you for this wonderful thread. I've really enjoyed reading through it. We have our first BCV stay coming up in December. I'm super excited since we love the Beach Club and EPCOT! We booked a two-bedroom through Disney. Any suggestions on what I should request that may help me get a renovated room? Or any other advice for getting a desirable location (although just being at Beach Club Villas is pretty darn desirable!)?

From what I'm reading here, it sounds like in the refurb they have removed the jacuzzi tubs and replaced them with soaker tubs. Is this correct?

Can anyone share some pictures from a refurbished bathroom?

Last edited:
Magic and Pixie dust for my family! We had wait-listed the Saturday\Sunday of our trip and it came through! Woohooo! so now we are at BCV and then at BLT. This is our first time staying at BCV. Any words of wisdom for us? We'll be at WDW 11\5-11\12.

Just returned from 9 nights in a new studio. Room 406. Many have complained about no ceiling fans but we didn't miss them. And my husband runs very hot at night. The only construction we saw was more fencing being installed around the main pool.

Just returned from 9 nights in a new studio. Room 406. Many have complained about no ceiling fans but we didn't miss them. And my husband runs very hot at night. The only construction we saw was more fencing being installed around the main pool.
EDIT: Sorry I didn't mean it to be solely geared towards you, anyone could help me, but seeing how you're the last one in here, I figured I'd give it a try.

Ok, so it's very possible we may be staying here in the future, and I don't even know where to start...Judging by the maps & stuff this place looks rather large & daunting.

As of now I put in a request for a studio /Pool view. Ideally 1) Where does general consensus normally put their request for?
Is there a better section of the villa then others? Bigger balconies? better views? close to elevators?
Also, 2) Looking at the map, I don't see a dedicated DVC laundry facility, Am I missing it, or is the only one on the front side close to the beach club resort quiet pool? 3) Is there a mug station/refill (coffee & drinks)and or a place to grab a quick snack located in the villas section?

TIA, DizDad

Ok, so it's very possible we may be staying here in the future, and I don't even know where to start...Judging by the maps & stuff this place looks rather large & daunting.

As of now I put in a request for a studio /Pool view. Ideally 1) Where does general consensus normally put their request for?
Is there a better section of the villa then others? Bigger balconies? better views? close to elevators?
Also, 2) Looking at the map, I don't see a dedicated DVC laundry facility, Am I missing it, or is the only one on the front side close to the beach club resort quiet pool? 3) Is there a mug station/refill (coffee & drinks)and or a place to grab a quick snack located in the villas section?

TIA, DizDad
BCV not really a big place at all. We usually request pool view close to elevator as I like to minimize the walk once we get to villas. Laundry is on 4th floor near elevators. Mugs can be refilled at the marketplace which is in main BC building but not far at all. It's our fave place, hope you enjoy it!

BCV not really a big place at all. We usually request pool view close to elevator as I like to minimize the walk once we get to villas. Laundry is on 4th floor near elevators. Mugs can be refilled at the marketplace which is in main BC building but not far at all. It's our fave place, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks. So the Laundry is definitely in the Villa Bldg.? Right? Along w/ another paid one for the separate resort?
1 more question if you don't mind.
The resort map shows 2 sets of elevators, 1 closer to the last wing down by the canal, and one closer to the main bldg. No way of distinguishing that to them is there?

Thanks. So the Laundry is definitely in the Villa Bldg.? Right? Along w/ another paid one for the separate resort?
1 more question if you don't mind.
The resort map shows 2 sets of elevators, 1 closer to the last wing down by the canal, and one closer to the main bldg. No way of distinguishing that to them is there?
The elevator by the canal is closer to the parking lot.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't mean it to be solely geared towards you, anyone could help me, but seeing how you're the last one in here, I figured I'd give it a try.

TIA, DizDad

No worries:)
It is not as large and daunting as it seems. You will love it!
I made my requests on the online check in page. I requested higher floor, pool view. I was on the 4th floor with a beautiful view of the canal/villas pool.
There is laundry in the Villas building. The door is locked and will open with you magic band. There is no cost to use the machines but detergent is available for $ in a vending machine.
The closest place to fill mugs and get snacks is in the Marketplace in the main building but it is a very short walk from the Villas building.

The elevator by the canal is closer to the parking lot.

No worries:)
It is not as large and daunting as it seems. You will love it!
I made my requests on the online check in page. I requested higher floor, pool view. I was on the 4th floor with a beautiful view of the canal/villas pool.
There is laundry in the Villas building. The door is locked and will open with you magic band. There is no cost to use the machines but detergent is available for $ in a vending machine.
The closest place to fill mugs and get snacks is in the Marketplace in the main building but it is a very short walk from the Villas building.

Thanks for the info....Never been before, just twice across the lake at BWV....Even though it'll probably be just a short trip we're all excited to see the resort.

Hi there! Do the newly renovated 2 bedroom villas now have 2 queens in the second bedroom in all of the 2 bedroom villas, or is that still a request that has to be made? Also, do the 2 bedroom villas have washer/dryer in each villa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!