Story time... I met Pete and Charles tonight and nearly scared them half to death!

Tonyz

How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!
So does this story warrant its own thread? No almost certainly not. But I thought my fellow DIS fanatics would find it amusing.

I went to California Grill for dinner tonight with my brother for the first time, and before we sat down we wanted to check out the view on the balcony. While walking there I notice a guy in a booth near the door who’s impeccably dressed and realizes it’s Charles! Now I love Charles and would have been thrilled just to meet him... but as I turned my head to see who he was eating with I got a little... excited.

Now I’m gonna say something, I think I’m a fairly intelligent, cool, calm, and collective guy most of the time.

...but I squealed like a little girl when I saw Pete. I still can’t believe I did it! They both jumped out of their seat and everyone around them was wondering what this lunatic was doing. But I was just so excited, it’s like meeting your favorite actor or singer.

Anyways, my embarrassing entrance aside, I just want to say that they were two of the nicest guys to talk to. I just wanted to shake their hands and thank them... but we ended up talking for 5-10 minutes. I was even trying to find points in the conversation to leave because I didn’t want to take up more of their time but they kept engaging us in conversation. If it had been a 30 second encounter I would have been happy, but the fact that they took time out of their dinner to talk to a crazy stranger about a fairly wide range of things is just another testimate to how classy they are.

Meeting Charles was awesome, it was so nice to be able to voice to the guy how much I love his insights... but I’ve loved listening to Pete for years and to meet the guy and to see just how good and funny and “real” of a dude he is in person was incredible. I saw him on the way out and apologized for scaring him and he was so cool about it. The whole thing is a memory I’ll keep for a long time.

The meal was fantastic by the way.

Last edited:

I would have had the same exact reaction! When we go to the parks, I am on the lookout for the large Dis crew and would love to meet any of them and I would scream like a little girl. Been watching them for years via youtube. I also look out for Prince Charming and Big Fat Panda and a couple of others.

Last year on the 3 day Fantasy post drydock cruise I was lined up for the muster drill and Pete walked by. I totally squealed and he was nice but obviously had some place to be. The lady standing next to me (from the UK) was also a big dis fan and she and I spent the entire pre-muster wait being totally excited and fan girl-ish. So @Tonyz, I get it. Been there, done that :)

That’s such a great story! Your description of the whole thing made me smile. I ran into Pete last year on the same cruise as tink1970 and was also slightly mortified by my reaction. When I saw him I stopped dead in my tracks and blurted out excitedly “Oh my gosh, I know you!” I don’t know what came over me. All I can say is, wow what a nice man. He couldn’t have been more gracious or kind.

Good example of how welcoming all the podcasters are!

this!!!

Tonyz - i LOVE your story ....and your squealing like a little girl...so funny!!!!

i was fortunate several years ago to meet many of the podcasters in a small dismeet (that somehow i was talked into organizing, though i am the all time worst organizer ever ever)...and later had a wonderful dinner with the amazing and so very charming and friendly kathy and spent time at MK with even funnier in real life Teresa...
they were all so kind and welcoming....

over the years i've hoped to be able to join in one of the podcast tours/cruises, but somehow it's never worked out....
but i continue to hope that one day my dream will come true :) (perhaps in celebration of winning the cancer battle i'm currently engaged in.....consider this an official call for all your pixie dust pixiedust:)..

Last edited:
We keep hoping that we will run into members of the podcast in the parks but so far no such luck. They all do such a great job of giving us our Disney fix.

A few years ago me and my wife spotted Pete at the Brown Derby with his mom on mothers day for lunch, didnt go over to talk to him but thats only because I didnt want to interrupt him celebrating mothers day with his Mom, was tempted to but still didn't. Was still a nice experience spotting him in the wilds of Disney

I'll be at the parks in 10 days....

If I run into any of the DIS team, here's what I'd LIKE to have happen: "Oh hey there, (random DIS team member), I'm KingLlama from the DISboards and a regular viewer of the podcast. I just wanted to thank you for all the work you put into everything the DIS does, I really appreciate it. Have a magical day."

But here's what WILL happen: (I stand there slack-jawed and drool forms in the corner of my mouth) "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i"m a llama................grrrrrrr...bbububububububub....EJECT!!"(I run away and jump straight into World Showcase Lagoon, as the DIS member scurries away while googling "restraining order" on their phone).

I'll be at the parks in 10 days....

If I run into any of the DIS team, here's what I'd LIKE to have happen: "Oh hey there, (random DIS team member), I'm KingLlama from the DISboards and a regular viewer of the podcast. I just wanted to thank you for all the work you put into everything the DIS does, I really appreciate it. Have a magical day."

But here's what WILL happen: (I stand there slack-jawed and drool forms in the corner of my mouth) "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i"m a llama................grrrrrrr...bbububububububub....EJECT!!"(I run away and jump straight into World Showcase Lagoon, as the DIS member scurries away while googling "restraining order" on their phone).

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yeah that’s about right.

Pete asked my name and it took me about 10 seconds for my brain to fire the neurons to answer it.

I've met several of them and agree, they really are the nicest, down to earth folks. Really easy to talk to and genuinely engage with you.
I have one of the "special" rainbow Dis pins! It's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter