Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

This certainly gives me a reason to try Artist Point again. Going in February and my niece and I are very excited about this.

So what is everyone's guess on when this dining experience will be open? I'm hoping for sometime in December, but I'm betting they get it up and running by Christmas.

These Prix Fixe menus seem to be the way things are going now. What’s the thinking behind that?

These Prix Fixe menus seem to be the way things are going now. What’s the thinking behind that?

I agree with Daisy - I'm sure it has to do with being able to get a large amount of food out of the kitchen as quickly as possible. I don't prefer prix fixe menu, but I'm willing to check it out depending on the menu!

It's about keeping people from booking a dinner reservation for a whole family, then just ordering dessert instead of a real meal, because they wanted to use the opportunity to meet the character without spending a lot of money. That happened all the time at Be Our Guest dinner before Disney made dinner there pre-fixe. The practice lost Disney a lot of money.

Last edited:

There are as many choices on the pre-fixe menu as on a non pre-fixe menu, so I don't believe mass production is the issue.

Depends - from the article, I got the impression that the appetizers/desserts may be one specific thing, like the dessert platter at BOG dinner now. So, mass production may play into it. I agree that people making reservations and not eating a full meal is definitely to blame for this move as well!

Depends - from the article, I got the impression that the appetizers/desserts may be one specific thing, like the dessert platter at BOG dinner now. So, mass production may play into it. I agree that people making reservations and not eating a full meal is definitely to blame for this move as well!
I had dinner at BOG last week. There were 5 or 6 choices of appetizer. Then there were 5 or 6 choices of entree. The dessert was the same for everyone, but it was 3 separate small desserts on one plate.

Please please please have it ready for Thanksgiving. Late to the party on all character dining for a 6 person group and hoping this opens up so we can snag one!

To me, winter is November-February but, in reality, it's near the end of December-March. I'm pretty sure we'll miss it with our trip the week after turkey day...

I'm quietly optimistic that Disney thinks winter is November-February too though, lol

To me, winter is November-February but, in reality, it's near the end of December-March. I'm pretty sure we'll miss it with our trip the week after turkey day...

I'm quietly optimistic that Disney thinks winter is November-February too though, lol

The last adr avail for dinner at artist point is nov 10 I believe. Then they need to do the change over, etc. so.....

Agree with Shanti. One of the reasons BoG changed to prix-fixe was many people got an ADR for dinner and only had a cupcake for dessert.
I suspect it also increases the revenue per table, as now every table has 3 courses instead of potentially only 1 or 2.

Another end of December person here.... As you can see from my avatar I am hoping it's open by then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter