Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

So it looks like Tables In Wonderland is not accepted. Do they offer the AP discount?

We have a 5:15 in a couple of weeks so hopefully we will have sunset and enjoy the evening as well.

Yes I dined solo and it worked out well. The tables are close by so I was easily able to ask a neighbor to take a few pictures. And the queen has a photopass photographer so that was really nice. I was so busy enjoying all the food and the atmosphere I didn’t even think much about being solo.
Thanks for sharing! :)

loving the reviews. 2 for and one against the prime rib, this is what my kid wants. I'm going to have to see if I can get the more simply prepared child's sides with it though, horseradish potatoes won't fly but plain roasted ones will.

Keep 'em coming, getting so excited!

I get the reasoning behind it, but it wasn’t consistent throughout our trip this week as other character handlers literally egged him on when he started doing it. Another table (all adults) actually called the handler over to ask why she had yelled at a kid in the middle of a restaurant. I think that all of the staff members were really on edge since they have all worked so hard to make a cohesive experience and she likely didn’t mean to come off as jarringly brusque as she did, but it was still a weird moment.

With regards to the allergy menu, they actually don’t even have one. They just have the exact same menu (pro tip- if you need the allergy menu, ask for the regular one as well, since that has the fun drinks in it and the full wine list) with notes below indicating which allergens are present. There are no modifications available as of now to any dish to make them allergy friendly, so I hope that they can make some progress on this front over the next little while. I ended up being served a plain piece of snapper with a single lettuce leaf underneath it since the server simply had no idea about whether cheese was used in the risotto or not ( or if it was, if it could be made without it), so it was just left off, as was the sauce, even though I explained that butter would not be a problem.

This is so disappointing. And surprising since Disney is usually top-of-the-line when it comes to dealing with allergies in my experience. I was going to try this in my birthday trip, but unless they massively improve the way they handle allergies here, I'll be skipping it. And letting them know why - that I was so excited to try it, but reports of horrid handling of allergies down to not even offering an allergy menu OR substitutions mean that I'm not going to spend that kind of money on it.

So it looks like Tables In Wonderland is not accepted. Do they offer the AP discount?
Where did you read that? I’m really disappointed if that’s the case. At least it sounds like it’s possible to get an AP discount. We have a March reservation, and I chose not to do the dining plan. Now I’m kind of wishing I had.

Where did you read that? I’m really disappointed if that’s the case. At least it sounds like it’s possible to get an AP discount. We have a March reservation, and I chose not to do the dining plan. Now I’m kind of wishing I had.

Josh said last night servers were refusing it around him. I would have challenged them on the spot because last night Artist Point was still on the TiW list online.

It was removed from the AP discount list.

Interesting when I was booking last night it did not show up on the AP Discount List but it did show up on the TiW list. I am really hoping that both these will be usable, especially TiW given how much we pay to for it. I have it booked for more than one trip, I might cancel it if they don't add the discount, especially if they decide to raise the price down the road. Right now if comparing this to BOG Dinner, even without discount this is a great value - so I expect the price to go up with demand (it's been hard for me to find times).

We ate at Skipper Canteen one of it's first few days when they took TiW, then they stopped. But they added it back .... but they have a demand problem this won't have.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay been waiting for that one!

Me too. He's not paid to do this and he's always honest with reviews. No fluff and flowers.

This is so disappointing. And surprising since Disney is usually top-of-the-line when it comes to dealing with allergies in my experience. I was going to try this in my birthday trip, but unless they massively improve the way they handle allergies here, I'll be skipping it. And letting them know why - that I was so excited to try it, but reports of horrid handling of allergies down to not even offering an allergy menu OR substitutions mean that I'm not going to spend that kind of money on it.
I am thinking that they might get this figured out a bit better as they adjust - it's still their first couple days. Some allergies seem easier for the menu to deal with than others; since it is a fixed menu, there probably isn't as many items in the kitchen for substituting at this point, but perhaps that will get sorted out. We are only doing dealing with peanut/tree nut, which looks manageable... whether my picky kid - who will be a Disney adult by then - will eat those things is another thing entirely... :)

Me too. He's not paid to do this and he's always honest with reviews. No fluff and flowers.

I have a kid and hence different priorities at time and I don't always agree with his judgement on value but he explains so clearly how he arrives at that I can follow the logic through for my own priorities and feel good about the decision.

Also, honestly, love the sarcasm. His are one of the few I don't skim over. I think we can all take Disney a little too seriously.

I will say that I was inclined toward the snapper before but now am inclined toward the veal after the reviews, unless there is an improvement on the protein on the snapper. The reviews are super helpful!

I have a kid and hence different priorities at time and I don't always agree with his judgement on value but he explains so clearly how he arrives at that I can follow the logic through for my own priorities and feel good about the decision.

Also, honestly, love the sarcasm. His are one of the few I don't skim over. I think we can all take Disney a little too seriously.

I will say that I was inclined toward the snapper before but now am inclined toward the veal after the reviews, unless there is an improvement on the protein on the snapper. The reviews are super helpful!

I hear you. I have an adult DS who functions like a kid, so Josh makes it easier for me to choose for me, but also know what to expect for DS. DS LOVES Snow White ... not a favorite of mine, but throw in the Queen and I'm all over it.

I love love his sarcasm, he kinda puts some of the others (who only give what Disney wants them to say) on notice .... truth matters, especially at Disney prices. I don't bite on the high dollar upgrades easily so I want the good, bad and ugly. He helps me do my fuzzy math if we will enjoy.

:goodvibes I was gonna stick with steak and now thinking about veal too .... I'll just have to throw up my blinders that it's a baby. We go end of January so hoping the bugs are worked out and TiW is an option.

It's very common for new locations to be excluded for a short time
And AP may be an existing physical location but it's new in all ways but the physical building
I am going not expecting either but will ask

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter