Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Me too. He's not paid to do this and he's always honest with reviews. No fluff and flowers.
No he's not paid and he's honest but sometimes I get the feeling he's trying too hard find things to be negative about so he can get cute while being sarcastic
There are times I'd appreciate just a review without all the rest he sticks in there
As it is his is the only blog I read. I've started just reading between the lines at times

This is so disappointing. And surprising since Disney is usually top-of-the-line when it comes to dealing with allergies in my experience. I was going to try this in my birthday trip, but unless they massively improve the way they handle allergies here, I'll be skipping it. And letting them know why - that I was so excited to try it, but reports of horrid handling of allergies down to not even offering an allergy menu OR substitutions mean that I'm not going to spend that kind of money on it.
I think that with it being the first night, they just weren’t on their a-game with the allergy stuff. I am entirely confident that they will have it all ironed out sooner rather than later. I would definitely keep the reservation!

I hear you. I have an adult DS who functions like a kid, so Josh makes it easier for me to choose for me, but also know what to expect for DS. DS LOVES Snow White ... not a favorite of mine, but throw in the Queen and I'm all over it.

I love love his sarcasm, he kinda puts some of the others (who only give what Disney wants them to say) on notice .... truth matters, especially at Disney prices. I don't bite on the high dollar upgrades easily so I want the good, bad and ugly. He helps me do my fuzzy math if we will enjoy.

:goodvibes I was gonna stick with steak and now thinking about veal too .... I'll just have to throw up my blinders that it's a baby. We go end of January so hoping the bugs are worked out and TiW is an option.
The veal does look good; I just can’t do it. For the reason you mentioned. :sad2:

:goodvibes I was gonna stick with steak and now thinking about veal too .... I'll just have to throw up my blinders that it's a baby. We go end of January so hoping the bugs are worked out and TiW is an option.

This is my exact thinking now as well. :D

I can respect that. FYI the Veal industry has changed over the past few years. Tethering is no longer a practice with most producers moving to group pens. People voicing their concerns has made a difference.

I can respect that. FYI the Veal industry has changed over the past few years. Tethering is no longer a practice with most producers moving to group pens. People voicing their concerns has made a difference.
Most being the key. Some do

loving the reviews. 2 for and one against the prime rib, this is what my kid wants. I'm going to have to see if I can get the more simply prepared child's sides with it though, horseradish potatoes won't fly but plain roasted ones will.

Keep 'em coming, getting so excited!
Well I eat like a 5 yr old, so I did ask and was able to switch to the other roasted potatoes that came with another dish.

Also, if you look at the current AP discount list it is now showing storybook dining.

Well I eat like a 5 yr old, so I did ask and was able to switch to the other roasted potatoes that came with another dish.

Also, if you look at the current AP discount list it is now showing storybook dining.

WOOT! It was not there last night. Here's to hoping TiW as well.

I saw a review from Pete Werner a bit ago....Regardless...these characters hold a special place in this old ladies heart as does the WL...so DH and I along with oldest grandson(29) and his wife will dine there end of January...I was just lucky enough to snag an ADR just after it was opened up...

Most being the key. Some do

It's actually moving to become an industry standard. The 3 largest producers, Marcho, Catelli Brothers and Strauss have all eliminated tethering and moved to group pens. Catelli even has a grain fed-free roaming program coming from Canda. I'd be pretty surprised if Disney is getting their veal from one of these producers.

With that said I'm looking forward to our reservation in February. Most likely will be ordering the Veal over the Prime Rib mainly because those Hay Smoked Carrots seem to be universally disliked.

An earlier version of the menu had included a side green salad that looked great, but now it's apparently gone. :confused: Maybe it will only be seasonal. I'm going next week and would have liked some green salad with the meal.

ooh how were they? My kiddo does like roasted potatoes but they have to be done well. he is pretty picky.

An earlier version of the menu had included a side green salad that looked great, but now it's apparently gone. :confused: Maybe it will only be seasonal. I'm going next week and would have liked some green salad with the meal.

MANY restaurants have pulled their salads due to the health issues right now. Our Chickfila has pulled ALL their salads off menu, that's huge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!