Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

My ADR window opens tomorrow (midnight in my part of the world!!!) and this is one I’m looking for. My two children are now adults as far advanced Disney dining is concerned so just looking for a breakfast res, no way am I spending $55++ each on lunch or dinner!

When did they start doing breakfast? I thought it was dinner only.

My ADR window opens tomorrow (midnight in my part of the world!!!) and this is one I’m looking for. My two children are now adults as far advanced Disney dining is concerned so just looking for a breakfast res, no way am I spending $55++ each on lunch or dinner!
Artist Point is just open for dinner I believe!

eta: Oops, my phone didn't show replies until I posted.

Arrggghhh!!! I had assumed it was breakfast too! Time for new plans...
We love Cape May Cafe (Minnie Daisy Donald Goofy) and 1900 Park Fare (Few years ago, Alice Mad Hatter Mary Poppins Winnie the Pooh Eeyore) breakfast! We're trying 'Ohana (Stitch etc) for the first time next trip.

If breakfast was an option for our Wednessay meal, we would do the Bon Voyage breakfast with Rapunzel, Eugene, Ariel, and Eric! I always forget the restaurant name.... begins with a T!

In fact I had it booked for our departure day Friday before my daughter became obsessed with Stitch, and wish we could go there Wednesday instead!

eta: Trattoria al Forno

We love Cape May Cafe (Minnie Daisy Donald Goofy) and 1900 Park Fare (Few years ago, Alice Mad Hatter Mary Poppins Winnie the Pooh Eeyore) breakfast! We're trying 'Ohana (Stitch etc) for the first time next trip.

If breakfast was an option for our Wednessay meal, we would do the Bon Voyage breakfast with Rapunzel, Eugene, Ariel, and Eric! I always forget the restaurant name.... begins with a T!

In fact I had it booked for our departure day Friday before my daughter became obsessed with Stitch, and wish we could go there Wednesday instead!

eta: Trattoria al Forno

We did Cape May (loved it), ‘Ohana (liked Stitch at Surfs Up at DLR better) and Akershus last time. We have a PPO Garden Grill on the list this time, I have heard really good things about Trattoria so will check that one out!

We did Cape May (loved it), ‘Ohana (liked Stitch at Surfs Up at DLR better) and Akershus last time. We have a PPO Garden Grill on the list this time, I have heard really good things about Trattoria so will check that one out!
I LOVE GG! Have done ppo there twice and hoped right on Soarin! Fantastic experiences! Characters spent a ton of time with us, more than any other character meal I've done. Chip n Dale played peekaboo with my daughter. :) Hope you guys have a great experience too!

I liked Akershush but probably won't go again for a while. :)

I also love Tusker House! Have only gone for dinner back when AK closed early. We loved slowly meandering to the exit after closing. It was so beautiful and peaceful.

I've also heard great things ahout Trattoria! Good luck with your Disney planning!

So FYI, the Touring Plan Reservation Finder is amazing. I had a less than ideal date for mine, but signed up hoping I could find something better, and I did so I made a new one and dropped my old reservation. I still have the tracker running cause I’m hopping to get in an hour later on the day I have, and I get at least one notification per day about different possibilities for my date.

By the way do not sit in the front section by checkin. When it was artist point we always waited for table in main room. When we did the character dinner we did the same even though they covered the beautiful ceiling and pictures with the ugly plastic flowers. At least in main room we got to see all the flickering lights. We only waited a few extra minutes for a table in the main room.

How long is dinner lasting with interactions ? Last poster said an hour. I usually a lot 2 -2.5 hours for character meals, but would love a quicker meal to get over to Epcot earlier in the evening.

It took us about 2 hours. Our reservation was for 6:45 and we left around 9 if I am remembering correctly.

Thanks. Ours is at 4:30. So if we can get a bus or lyft by 7 pm. That will give us an hour or so to get snacks from the French bakery or Carmel s’more from Germany before illuminations at Epcot.

I’m so excited to return to Wilderness lodge this week and try out the new meal

How long is dinner lasting with interactions ? Last poster said an hour. I usually a lot 2 -2.5 hours for character meals, but would love a quicker meal to get over to Epcot earlier in the evening.

I'm curious, too. I have seen everything from an hour to 2+ hours. I have a 7:20 reservation and am debating rolling the dice about trying to get to AK for DAH at 9:00. They are both so darn expensive, I hate to rush the dinner, and I hate to be late to DAH. I'm definitely not letting the reservation go, so I have put in searches on TP to see if I can score one earlier or on a different day.

I'm curious, too. I have seen everything from an hour to 2+ hours. I have a 7:20 reservation and am debating rolling the dice about trying to get to AK for DAH at 9:00. They are both so darn expensive, I hate to rush the dinner, and I hate to be late to DAH. I'm definitely not letting the reservation go, so I have put in searches on TP to see if I can score one earlier or on a different day.

It probably depends a lot on your group and your reservation time. We had a group of 4 adults and a reservation at 5:25pm. We saw all of the characters, except the Queen, in the first 20 minutes or so. Each course came out pretty quickly after we finished the prior course, and we were not slow eaters. I think our meal only took a little over an hour.

It probably depends a lot on your group and your reservation time. We had a group of 4 adults and a reservation at 5:25pm. We saw all of the characters, except the Queen, in the first 20 minutes or so. Each course came out pretty quickly after we finished the prior course, and we were not slow eaters. I think our meal only took a little over an hour.
Oh! That's good to know! I was wondering if you show up that 15 minutes prior to your reservation if you would get seated pretty quickly. I guess it just depends on the flow of that particular day.
When I price all of my wishes together for that evening (my 2 DDs and I), I think I need to settle down.:rotfl2:

Wanted to share that I've noticed next-day ADRs for dinner for parties of 4 and 6 a couple of times. :) Probably because of people canceling to avoid the no-show fee. Probably easier to get an ADR the day before than a month before!

I'm really torn on this dinner. The price (DD is 11 so Disney adult), time, and the location. We have this reserved on our 1st day (AK day before I knew it was an AK day) and are staying at CSR. We also have a late reservation (which is fine because we are west coasters and our bodies will be fine with an 8pm dinner) but we are planning to RD AK and the idea of going to AP after a super long park day is kind of exhausting. The only reason I want to do it is to meet Dopey. We have met Evil Queen at DLR many times, same with Snow. The more I write, the more I think I am talking myself out of it.

When people say it took 2 hours is that because they were waiting for the characters to make their rounds? We’re staying at WL on the dining plan next trip and I’m not a huge fan of the type of food at Whispering Canyon but the food/ambiance at Storybook looks good! My kids are going to be 3 and 5 and not super into Snow White (though they love any characters) so it’s not the end of the world if we don’t see everyone. We’ll be looking for dinner to take an hour or so.

When people say it took 2 hours is that because they were waiting for the characters to make their rounds? We’re staying at WL on the dining plan next trip and I’m not a huge fan of the type of food at Whispering Canyon but the food/ambiance at Storybook looks good! My kids are going to be 3 and 5 and not super into Snow White (though they love any characters) so it’s not the end of the world if we don’t see everyone. We’ll be looking for dinner to take an hour or so.

An hour is fast for any Disney restaurant, especially character dining.

For our part, we were seated at about 4:50pm and had seen all characters, including going up to meet the queen, by 5:38pm. We had our mains at the time but no dessert yet. From there, things stretched out quite a bit, but that was because my kids were eating at a snail's pace. The sever came over a couple times to check on us before I finally had her clear the plates and bring dessert. Had kids been more motivated to eat quickly, I would say we could have been done in 75-90 minutes, but not much faster than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter