Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

another person having a hard time finding an ADR for 4 for late January but was able to snag 2 (the 2's are gone now too though). Hoping that 4's open up!

Lisa, I'll bet your son is looking forward to the prime rib! I remembered that you shared that he would enjoy ordering steak off of the adult menu with the deluxe dining plan :)

I’m wondering if it’s a mistake or if it will change to 2TS credits. BOG is also $55 for a prix fix meal and it’s 2 credits. $55 seems too expensive for them to let it stay 1 credit. I’ll be happy to be wrong though (actually I don’t have a horse in this race because we don’t ever do the dining plan, but still...)

I think you're right. Way too good of a deal for 1 TS credit, which will only make it even more in demand! BOG is 2 TS.
Maybe when breakfast is added and that is "only " $25 for a pre-fix and only 1 TS credit, then they'll raise the dinner to 2 TS credits.

To me this menu sounds way better then the BOG menu especially for the kids (chicken tenders are available upon request). Depending on the review on the food I will hopefully have a reservation for my April trip..

Thanks to all of you I got on just now and made a reservation for 4 on March 16! This looks like a fun evening!

Lisa, I'll bet your son is looking forward to the prime rib! I remembered that you shared that he would enjoy ordering steak off of the adult menu with the deluxe dining plan :)
He is now a Disney adult :sad:But yes, we are going to give this a try! I explained that prime rib was a ribeye steak but as a roast and he loves ribeye. I'm not sure he's had prime rib before! I wish the potatoes weren't horseradish, going to have to figure that out (maybe it will be mild?). I'm wondering if they would do some pasta with cheese sauce on the side, I've had good luck with getting kid mac and cheese as a side to adult entrees in other spots.

The article on the Disney Food Blog mentioned that the OOP price did not include any alcoholic beverages, would that apply to the Dining Plan as well? That could explain that it's only one TS credit and not two.

We have reservations for April, I can't wait!!

I think they might keep it one TS credit, since a) it is a bit of a pain to get to, and b) Akershus is about the same pricing and has remained at one credit. Fingers crossed!

He is now a Disney adult :sad:But yes, we are going to give this a try! I explained that prime rib was a ribeye steak but as a roast and he loves ribeye. I'm not sure he's had prime rib before! I wish the potatoes weren't horseradish, going to have to figure that out (maybe it will be mild?). I'm wondering if they would do some pasta with cheese sauce on the side, I've had good luck with getting kid mac and cheese as a side to adult entrees in other spots.

I think they might keep it one TS credit, since a) it is a bit of a pain to get to, and b) Akershus is about the same pricing and has remained at one credit. Fingers crossed!
I agree with both points.

If I’m not mistaken, Jiko and HDDR are the only 2 credit meals NOT located on the monorail or in the easily-accessible Epcot resorts and neither of them is a particularly tough ADR to get. Even with Jiko’s highly acclaimed cuisine and HDDR’s iconic show, I feel the 2 credit ask deters many guests from investing the travel time required. This might also be true if this new Artist Point Storybook Dining was a 2 credit ask.

I’m actaully surprised Akershus hasn’t already been increased to 2 credits. I feel Disney is missing a golden opportunity to turn us upside down and shake every last dollar out of our pockets here. With its in-park location already being convenient to Epcot guests, they could redecorate the interior to resemble an ice palace, put Elsa at the front door rather than Belle, have Anna and Kristoff roam the dining room, and many guests would be begging to spend 2 credits there.

I agree with both points.

If I’m not mistaken, Jiko and HDDR are the only 2 credit meals NOT located on the monorail or in the easily-accessible Epcot resorts and neither of them is a particularly tough ADR to get. Even with Jiko’s highly acclaimed cuisine and HDDR’s iconic show, I feel the 2 credit ask deters many guests from investing the travel time required. This might also be true if this new Artist Point Storybook Dining was a 2 credit ask.

I’m actaully surprised Akershus hasn’t already been increased to 2 credits. I feel Disney is missing a golden opportunity to turn us upside down and shake every last dollar out of our pockets here. With its in-park location already being convenient to Epcot guests, they could redecorate the interior to resemble an ice palace, put Elsa at the front door rather than Belle, have Anna and Kristoff roam the dining room, and many guests would be begging to spend 2 credits there.
There is Tiffins in AK and Hollywood Brown Derby in HS

darn, I missed the opening up of reservations (going Dec 17-24th) and there is nothing available. Just curious, has anyone been successful reserving for 5 or 6 people?

darn, I missed the opening up of reservations (going Dec 17-24th) and there is nothing available. Just curious, has anyone been successful reserving for 5 or 6 people?
That's among the busiest times of year. You'll probably have better luck on a future trip at a less busy time.

try splitting into smaller parties i could not find anything bigger than 4 on the first day it opened up

hmmm....we have tried close to 50 misc. dates in 180 booking period and there is nothing available for 5 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!