Stowing things on wet rides

slpeters

DIS Veteran
So I read somewhere that the lockers at the wet rides weren't free. Is this current information? If it is does anyone know how much they cost? Is there a way to stow a bag on the rides that wouldn't just get soaked. We leave Wednesday and I guess I'm sort of pinning down final details...

Yes, the lockers at the water rides do cost money, when I was trying yesterday I believe it was $4. I think it’s insane that they don’t give free lockers so people’s stuff isn’t soaked. I don’t know of a way to cover them without getting soaked unless you get a poncho or something.

we Just got back and the locker was $5. We put our stuff in there and then hit both water rides a few times. Well worth the five bucks. Seriously, get the locker.

Starting today, normal size lockers are not free anywhere. Only lockers that are about 4 inches high are free. You can only rent one locker per pass. Normal size lockers cost $2 to use while you ride, and theres not many left at the attractions as the tiny ones have replaced them. It’s been all over the UOAP and Orlando Informer fb groups today. The link below is for Universals guest relations if you’re not happy about the change.

http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/...ygfBe3A0oGEsGL7s7Uy5wsbKCRqKQLAxyQ7gD6xJHEcA4

Only hope

You have posted the same post in other threads

It is not necessary to duplicate it again in this thread

The topic here is about the locker cost when doing the wet/water rides

The lockers for these rides have always had a fee

I just held my bag on Jurassic park and Dudley do-right. Didn't ride Popeye and Bluto because I didn't want to get totally soaked. I don't usually have things bigger than a basic plastic bag anyway, but I guess I would bring a large shopping bag for my things if I was concerned.

Bilge rat barges has a covered table in the middle where you can store items. They will keep your items from getting soaked but not wet. It depends on whether or not the previous occupants of your ride vehicle put the cover down fully or not. I rode three times (drown rat) and 2 times my items stayed dry but the third time there was a puddle of water in the bottom so my backpack got wet. I would plan to put phones, etc in ziplock bags.

You didn't get soaked on Dudley? I do every single time.

I stowed my stuff in a free Hulk locker (as long as you don't go over the free time limit, that works great - best when there is a long wait posted at Hulk for more locker time) for Dudley and Popeye. Jurassic Park didn't get me more than spritzed. I put my phone / ticket in a plastic bag in my pocket for the first ride, then didn't bother for subsequent rides.

Last edited:

I stowed my stuff in a free Hulk locker (as long as you don't go over the free time limit, that works great - best when there is a long wait posted at Hulk for more locker time) for Dudley and Popeye. Jurassic Park didn't get me more than spritzed. I put my phone / ticket in a plastic bag in my pocket for the first ride, then didn't bother for subsequent rides.

It does vary. On Jurassic park my face and chest got quite wet, but I was holding my purse under the lap bar and it was fine. On Dudley it was mostly my feet that got wet, from an earlier small hill where water came over the sides. The big hill got my back wet some. Didn't think about Hulk lockers!

We always bite the bullet and pay for the locker next to Dudley. While we have the locker, we do all the water rides including walking back over to Jurassic Park. The reason they impose a fee for these lockers is because it is not required you store bags or loose items on these rides, so there's no reason they need to provide a free option.

This is what I have done in the past - will have to see what the new locker situation is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!