Strange Boardwalk Booking Pattern

Wakey

DIS Veteran
Hi
I keep a very close eye on booking patterns. I've been watching Boardwalk 1 bed standard for a year very closely. It's behaving as expected. March to mid August is entirely open save for the odd day in March and April (less than 7 months out). All May, June and July open.What is really weird is that 16- 19 August is all gone 1 bed standard. Makes zero sense as that is a very quiet time and DVC members are not clamouring to book 1 beds those dates exactly 11 months out. What makes me even more suspicious Is standard studios are fully available - this simply doesn't happen. Is there any special event on those dates that would mean 1 beds being taken? I am wondering if it is a glitch.

Hi
I keep a very close eye on booking patterns. I've been watching Boardwalk 1 bed standard for a year very closely. It's behaving as expected. March to mid August is entirely open save for the odd day in March and April (less than 7 months out). All May, June and July open.What is really weird is that 16- 19 August is all gone 1 bed standard. Makes zero sense as that is a very quiet time and DVC members are not clamouring to book 1 beds those dates exactly 11 months out. What makes me even more suspicious Is standard studios are fully available - this simply doesn't happen. Is there any special event on those dates that would mean 1 beds being taken? I am wondering if it is a glitch.
How many standard 1 bedrooms are there?

Maybe everyone is doing what we did a couple years ago... drop the kid off at college and then go to WDW! ;)

All I know is that when I want a standard view room at BWV (home resort), I do my best to book 12 mos. out. I think I have one booked for spring break this year which will be out of character for us.

Just checked- all but 1 day back now.

I believe this demonstrates strange glitches appear in the system and availability disappears when in fact there is no way these rooms are booked up or have been booked up. I'd expect that last day to appear back soon. Worrying though if you are hoping to book - you could wrongly assume all rooms gone and book somewhere else.

Could have been a glitch. Could have been the IT folks doing some type of test. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding over when/what maintenance was planned. Lots of possibilities.

Should reinforce what almost all of us already know: It pays to waitlist / check back for what you really want, especially if you are booking early in the home resort priority period.

As predicted full availibility now returned. There is a distinct possibility an owner tried to book at 11 months, wrongly thought it was all taken and made alternative arrangements. These gremlins are not on really.

I have seen this before and usually it is just something wrong with the system and a correction occurs within a month, e.g., for a few days in early May 2016, the BWV pool/garden view studios and 2BRs were shown as full at 11 months out while the standard and boardwalk views were still open. It remained that way for almost two weeks before all the pool/garden rooms were shown as open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter