Strange bus behavior at AK

tnolan

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to mention what happened at AK while I was waiting for the bus to go back to Pop when we were there last week. I was at the bus stop (#28 as posted), and saw the bus coming that said Pop Century (a young father even pointed it out to his toddler, saying see, there's our bus). Instead of making the loop and coming to our stop, he stopped at another stop across the way (don't know which one), let off a couple of people, then as he swung around, changed his sign to Animal Kingdom and drove right past us and back out onto the highway! A few minutes later, the bus for Art of Animation pulled into the next bay, which is its regular bay, so I took my own often given advice and got on that bus and simply walked over the Generation Gap bridge upon arrival to get to my building at Pop. I was wondering if this particular strange behavior had ever happened to anyone on the forum?

Could be any number of things, including:
  • The driver was accidentally given a run when it was time for him to go home
  • The bus was being sent for refueling
  • The driver reported a problem with the bus and it was being sent to get checked
  • The bus and driver were being loaned to another park (like at closing time)
  • The driver was on loan from another park, and was being sent back
  • The bus was being sent to help out in a situation, like the monorail being down
  • Etc.

We’ve seen or experienced this multiple times at different parks with different resorts over the years.
You get all excited for your bus, gatherup your bags, etc....then they switch the sign. Classic psych out!

I just thought it was strange because we've been going to Disney since 1989 and have never experienced this. Thanks all for the replies!

Nothing strange about it at all.
I've even had a bus pull up to our stop, open the door, start to wave us on, then get a call, hold up their hand to stop us, say sorry, close the door and leave. (that one was rare thankfully)
Re-routes happen a lot. Surprised you've never seen it actually.

I just thought it was strange because we've been going to Disney since 1989 and have never experienced this. Thanks all for the replies!

Then count yourself lucky. I once watched a bus drop off, then pull to the side to get his next destination and I think his sign changed 3 times before he pulled up to a pick up spot. Even the driver was getting frustrated as each time he changed it, he started preparation to move and then you could see him stop and react as he got a new destination.

We got lucky at AKL last trip. After a late night dinner at Boma we waited outside for a bus to MK which was open late planning to transfer to a bus for Pop. A bus showed up with sign saying DHS which closed a couple hours earlier. Driver asked us where we wanted to go and we said to MK to transfer to Pop. Others were wanting to transfer to Caribbean Beach. Driver told us all to hop on, its his last run of his shift and could take us wherever we wanted to go. Just a bit of Disney magic that night that saved us some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter