Strange poly availability this morning

Oh geez. So I missed it. And my wait list didn't get it. That's a major bummer. I've been checking every so often because I know stalking Vs wait list often works, but I guess I was at the wrong time.
What does stalking the VS waitlist mean?

I just booked our first DVC trip over July 4th at the Poly. A few days ago it wasn't available but today it was so I pulled the trigger. I wait listed a Lake view since standard was only available. But I am happy to try my home resort!

"Stalking" to my knowledge is entering your dates and room preference into the resort booking page and hitting "enter", and/or checking availability via the resort availability tool RAT multiple times per day. As opposed to simply placing a wait list request and waiting to see what happens.

It's just checking for openings yourself rather than relying on the waitlist.

Personally I've had good luck with the waitlist and checking availability is only related to being open to more than two options which is all you can waitlist.

Last year October opened at Poly just like it is this year. Maybe they release Disney DVC cash rooms once in a while.

So, I looked last night for nov..... found two of my four nights and was going to book them and waitlist the others. When I went to book the site went to "maintenance" and this morning the entire website is down for maintenance. Do you guys this all of this availability was a fluke and there is a bigger issue?

Kinda hope they release more rooms for September...

I had to cancel my December trip and rescheduled to September. BUT I booked a 1bedroom at CCV.

Just love staying at Poly in September. But if I cant get in then I am more then good with CCV :)

With late access as a new member I was able to book the first 2 nights of my trip in November at Poly (M & Tues.). Stalking I was able to pick up Sat & Sun. Now I just need to bridge the gap. Waitlisted two individual days.
Whether by cancellation or new declaration I'm praying it works out so I can give this a rest! Lol.

A standard view studio 6 night waitlist over Columbus Day weekend just came through for me! Must have been a declaration. I got on the waitlist a few minutes after the 7 month mark.

BTW, another Poly declaration was filed yesterday. It added 32 more studios and no bungalows.

There have been reports that resort inventory was messed up about the same time as the recent systems outage.

:earsboy: Bill

That makes sense. We just got back from a stay there last week. While I found it harder to book than I expected, it felt empty while there. I kept trying to see if rooms were occupied or not. It seemed many of them were not. We got in on waitlists and persistence checking. I kept wondering if many were undeclared while we were there.

While not DVC related, I also noticed the whole first floor of the rooms facing the beach in the Hawaii longhouse were empty as if getting turned over for maintenance or a refurb.

A standard view studio 6 night waitlist over Columbus Day weekend just came through for me! Must have been a declaration. I got on the waitlist a few minutes after the 7 month mark.

Congrats! We only had the night of Oct 8 wait listed and it didn't match but I was able to grab the night myself. Must have had perfect timing.

I just gave up 3 nights at Poly in November (11,12,13) today when an AKV value studio showed availability for 4 nights of my stay. I'd rather the Poly but couldn't chance not getting a res for that Friday. Staying Mon & Tues of my stay there and if my separate waitlists come through for Wed & Thurs then I'll have an even split stay. Really cringed letting those days go but I guess the silver lining is saving points.

Funny thing is I had to borrow 4 points to make one of my ever changing reservations. Now I have an excess of points but if my waitlists come through they will replace two 16 point/night stays and effectively use the 4 borrowed points perfectly (18/night at Poly). Fingers crossed.

Poly availability has lit up like a Christmas tree. Lots of availability July thru January. Snagged one night I needed myself before the waitlist picked it up for me. Just need one more night. The waitlist system really bugs me!

the availability just went crazy to night. I just cancelled a SSR ressi in October and booked the poly instead. The Standard view had availability from july until januar 2018 at least. A lot has already been booked, but some it still available.

Wonder if DVC has declared the rest of the Poly inventory?

Poly availability has lit up like a Christmas tree. Lots of availability July thru January. Snagged one night I needed myself before the waitlist picked it up for me. Just need one more night. The waitlist system really bugs me!

yeah the waitlist system, did not work tonight or it did not work fast enough.

I was able to add the night of 10/21 to an existing reservation yesterday. Standard view. RAT was showing all of Oct. available.

I found this yesterday too, I was able to add my final 3 nights by stalking, and cancelled my waitlist. I thought for sure it had to be an website error that almost 3 whole months were open. I was ecstatic! But once my nights were booked, they were gone from the RAT so it must have only been one room that opened LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!