Strange question for Festival of the Lion King die hard fans

Zemba

Earning My Ears
So, I know this forum isn’t super active, but maybe someone will have a guess?

I’m a season pass holder at HKDL, and probably go 2-3 times a month. Festival of the Lion King is my favorite, and I see it every time I go.

Recently the show was closed for a few weeks refurb. I’ve seen it twice after they’ve opened again, and both times they’ve stopped using the hole in the stage to bring actors out. First Simba used to come out for his first entrance, and then the girl in white that is dressed as a bird and flies used to come out of there as well. The last two times both of these actors have come running in from the sides instead, and I really don’t like it as much.

Especially when Simba comes out, it doesn’t make much sense. The narrator waves everyone over to the large prop bowl and says “watch this,” like he’s going to come out of the bowl from the ground like he used to, but then he randomly shows up behind her. I know it’s not the end of the world, but it’s something I noticed and has been irking me.

Anyone have any clue why they changed this? LThe only reason I can think of was maybe it’s a safety reason for the actors.

Earlier this year that part of the stage was breaking a lot. I saw a show in Feb where it delayed for 20 minutes because the "girl dressed in white" couldn't rise from there. I haven't seen it since the refurb but my guess is they may have stopped using the mechanism because it's cheaper than doing the necessary maintenance. HKDL has a tendency of just removing elements from a show once they reach end of life rather than replace or upgrade them (ex. the 4 fireworks wheels in front of the castle in the early days of Disney in the Stars).

Do you watch Wondrous Book much? I've noticed that the sound quality this year is dramatically worse than before with the voices often too soft compared to the music track.

Makes sense. I saw a show once where it was stopped for about 10 mins right after it started. I think it had something to do with the floats coming out.

I’ve only seen Wondrous book a few times, so I can’t really comment on it, but I did watch it about a week ago and noticed some of the voices were very hard to hear, especially the 2 actors at the very beginning and Ariel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!