Stranger Things Season 2

Anyone else mad that the monster did not eat the step brother????

I really enjoyed it. I just binged both seasons this week. Now I am not sure what to do with myself. :lmao:
YES to what was in your spoiler tag!!! Still hoping it’ll happen at some point! :rotfl:

Well, I finally got through it and I really enjoyed it though it wasn't as strong as the first season. I feel the pacing was off, and I HATED the Chicago episode. I was wondering the whole time, "Are we supposed to like these characters? Are we supposed to have sympathy for them?" I hope the cops found them. And shot them. All of them.

At any rate, my surprise favorite character from Season 1, Steve, was even better this season. Nancy doesn't deserve him and I'll leave it at that. He's just a good guy.

Well, I finally got through it and I really enjoyed it though it wasn't as strong as the first season. I feel the pacing was off, and I HATED the Chicago episode. I was wondering the whole time, "Are we supposed to like these characters? Are we supposed to have sympathy for them?" I hope the cops found them. And shot them. All of them.

At any rate, my surprise favorite character from Season 1, Steve, was even better this season. Nancy doesn't deserve him and I'll leave it at that. He's just a good guy.
Upon re-rewatching,I have to agree with you. I really liked the Dungeon & Dragons scenes, the boys and Eleven riding around on the bikes, etc. I really missed them all being together as a group and I hope we get more of that in Season 3.

"I hope the cops found them. And shot them. All of them" HAHAHAHAHA hilarious!! They were really the worst.

I'm curious to see what they'll do with Steve next season...they definitely set it up that he's not the brightest crayon in the crayon box (struggling with the college essay, his whole "The Germans" line [LOL], so maybe he won't graduate on time? Or will graduate but won't go to college and will stay and work for his dad? Another theory I've read is that he doesn't go to college but instead joins the Hawkins Police Department and works under Hopper...hmm?

Related, I'm curious to see what they do with Nancy and Jonathan. I really didn't care about their storyline all that much (I'm way more invested in the younger kids' storylines as well as Hopper/Joyce) and now the tension is gone since they are together, so...? Where do they go from here?

Upon re-rewatching,I have to agree with you. I really liked the Dungeon & Dragons scenes, the boys and Eleven riding around on the bikes, etc. I really missed them all being together as a group and I hope we get more of that in Season 3.

"I hope the cops found them. And shot them. All of them" HAHAHAHAHA hilarious!! They were really the worst.

I'm curious to see what they'll do with Steve next season...they definitely set it up that he's not the brightest crayon in the crayon box (struggling with the college essay, his whole "The Germans" line [LOL], so maybe he won't graduate on time? Or will graduate but won't go to college and will stay and work for his dad? Another theory I've read is that he doesn't go to college but instead joins the Hawkins Police Department and works under Hopper...hmm?

Related, I'm curious to see what they do with Nancy and Jonathan. I really didn't care about their storyline all that much (I'm way more invested in the younger kids' storylines as well as Hopper/Joyce) and now the tension is gone since they are together, so...? Where do they go from here?

I'll reply in spoiler tags just in case:

I never wanted Nancy and Jonathan to get together. I dislike Jonathan. He's not that aloof but sympathetic and really a nice guy kid. He's kind of a creep as proven by his actions in the first season. Honestly, Nancy has shown poor decision making skills as well, so whatever I guess. They are my two least-liked characters.

Steve isn't that smart, but he is able to get a good read on things. I love that this season he ran toward the danger a lot. One of the things I liked most about the first season is that obviously Steve is this cool-guy alpha-jerk type of guy...or is he. He shows the most character growth, goes through some catharsis, realizes his head wasn't screwed on straight, and bucks-up, does the right thing and turns out to be a pretty decent dude. I love how they subverted expectations, and that goes back the the Nancy/Jonathan thing where at the end of S1, Nancy was still with Steve...because, really, why shouldn't she be? Yeah, she and Jonathan went through some "stuff" together, but I never noticed the sparks.

I'll reply in spoiler tags just in case:

I never wanted Nancy and Jonathan to get together. I dislike Jonathan. He's not that aloof but sympathetic and really a nice guy kid. He's kind of a creep as proven by his actions in the first season. Honestly, Nancy has shown poor decision making skills as well, so whatever I guess. They are my two least-liked characters.

Steve isn't that smart, but he is able to get a good read on things. I love that this season he ran toward the danger a lot. One of the things I liked most about the first season is that obviously Steve is this cool-guy alpha-jerk type of guy...or is he. He shows the most character growth, goes through some catharsis, realizes his head wasn't screwed on straight, and bucks-up, does the right thing and turns out to be a pretty decent dude. I love how they subverted expectations, and that goes back the the Nancy/Jonathan thing where at the end of S1, Nancy was still with Steve...because, really, why shouldn't she be? Yeah, she and Jonathan went through some "stuff" together, but I never noticed the sparks.
I'm not sure how long we should use spoiler tags, is there a rule about that? Better safe than sorry I guess! :)
YES, Steve has had great character development! Totally agree with you that he has been a great surprise. When he went back into the house to beat on the Demogorgon in Season 1?! And then was cool with Nancy giving Jonathan a new camera? Totally unexpected.

I agree with your thoughts about Jonathan...besides Billy and 008's gang he's probably my least-favorite character on the show. He just does nothing for me (Nancy at least became something of a badass, but I wouldn't mind way less focus on her in Season 3). And HECK YES it was creepy that he was out there taking pictures!! :eek: WHAT EVEN.

I finished watching the Beyond Stranger Things episodes. It was fun and interesting, although I thought the host was a little annoying. There was one part when the actor who played Murray sort of took over, and he was WAY better.

Last edited:

I finished watching the Beyond Stranger Things episodes. It was fun and interesting, although I thought the host was a little annoying. There was one part when the actor who played Murray sort of took over, and he was WAY better.
Yes... if you have not watched Beyond Stranger Things and have finished the WHOLE series, then do so now. There is a lot of backstory and explanation to some stuff.

As for the kids growing up, as long as the next season is shot this year (and it will be, projected release is late 2018 to early 2019) it will be no problem. Caleb is the oldest at 16 which is still realistic. Noah and Millie are only 13. The kids are not going to age out of the roles especially with the talk of there being a time jump again.

Okay these spoiler tags are awesome!

Just in case this is a spoiler (not a big one)...

I was annoyed that Eight had a British accent. I get that she was abducted from London, but that was when she was a baby or small child. She grew up in the lab in Hawkins (I'm assuming - maybe they moved it) with Eleven, so she would have the same accent as Brenner and the other doctors... either that or she would have a mid-western accent since she escaped to Chicago. It just doesn't make sense for her to have a British accent!!!! Accents aren't genetic - that was silly!!

As for new seasons and the difficulty of working out scheduling, I thought that one of the reasons that they might have kept Eleven separate from the boys for most of Season 2 is because she had a busy filming schedule. They could have filmed most of her and Hopper's scenes separately, she would have only had to be on set with the rest of the cast to film a few scenes.

I finally finished Season two. Loved it. My best laugh, out of many...

"Hey Bob..."
"Hi Jim..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter