• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

strangers in a strange land - day two part two

tinker-kyle

Mouseketeer
here's a quick end to day two

okay ... we took a quick power nap and were headed back to DL
its was around 4pm

we rode with no waiting - the park was very quiet
pinocchio -- cute (not at wdw)
sailing ship columbia (also not at wdw)
winnie-the-pooh 2x without getting off .... now winnie at DL is longer than winnie at wdw ... but we decided that we liked wdw's version better.
at wdw in the heffalump dream room ... the heffalump blows a smoke ring --- we really missed that smoke ring (silly i know, but we did) ... also the ending at wdw where "everyone yells hurray" is not at DL ... we always yell hurray so missed that too. i have to say that the winnie falling asleep sequence is better at DL... but overall we gave this ride a "better at wdw" rating (one of the very few)

we then rode (in the last car) BTMRR --- kid was in heaven - favorite ride favorite seat

our last ride was autopia which had about a 20 minutes wait ... very fun ride and much better at DL than wdw ... loved the "off road" section.

we peeked around tomorrowland for food ... but everything closed at 7pm
bummer ... it was just a few minutes after 7pm

we strolled out main street ... looked in a few shops and enjoying the lights.
we decided to do take-out from tortilla jos in DTD ... hubby ordered a burrito and me some sorta steak sandwich. came with a free taco. we remembered to use our coupon (10%) came to about $18.

kid was not into mexican so while hubby waited at jo's - she and i headed overed to croc's bits and bites for a chic nugget kids meal.

we met up in the room ... ate dinner and soon crashed

one thing we realized "it never rained!"
one thing we forgot "the pixie dust wallpaper"

forecast for wednesday --- rain arriving late morning :umbrella:

So glad you are taking in DL with such an open mind...seems a lot of people have a mindset that WDW is better no matter what. They are two completely types of vacation and I admit, I enjoy "the world" more, but that said, DL park is absolutely awesome and many rides in FL pale in comparison. Thanks for the great trip report, I am enjoying it thoroughly. :earsboy:

Looking forward to the next installment...I do know it rains, and rains, and rains, and rains.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter