Strategies for BCV pool with 3 under 8

sky2823

Mouseketeer
I have heard great thinks about BCV and we are excited to stay there soon

That being said, I heard the pool could be challenging with 3 smaller kids and only two adults

Any strategies with regards to keeping tabs on them.

They are all under 8. 1 good swimmer, 2 beginner swimmers

Is it doable to alway have eyes on them or should we pick a different resort or avoid the pool?

Thanks!

Layout of the pool area, it is difficult to see where 3 kids could be.

dd65f6711e191206f90da7c4ff59f6fd.jpg

The above is Storm Along Bay, the wonderful main pool at the Beach Club Resort. Parents of young children do occasionally report it difficult if they want to be in different areas.
However, the Dunes Cove Pool at the Villas themselves is a regular pool which is very easy to watch children at

If you want to take the kids to the pool, I would recommend trying to keep all the kids together and just hang around wherever the kids are. It might be difficult to do this but it’s just an idea.

How old are the kids? How are your swimming skills? If you needed to split up, I'd split them by swimming skill. The flying jib slide is *probably* not a good idea for your beginning swimmers, but the kiddie slide would be good. The harder issue is where you'd leave your stuff! If all 3 kids can swim, but just at varying levels, the only issues for you are the slides (because the entry is across the walkway, and the big slide is a dark tube for much of the time, so could be scary), and the lazy river, which is all deep and a decent current. Even though there are lifeguards all over the place and they are top notch, I would want to be in the lazy river with the kids, especially the not-so-strong swimmers.

Background - DH and I are both strong swimmers; I used to lifeguard and teach swimming. When we were there with our 6yo and 2yo, the 6yo was a beginning swimmer (a decent swimmer for her age, but she was 6) and the 2yo was not a swimmer at all. DH and I had to split up. The 2yo was pretty much only in the sandy bottom zero entry area, but she would fall down at a moment's notice, go under water, and I would pull her up and she'd be laughing. Our 6yo tried everything, but of course an adult needed to go with her to the slide entry, across the walkway to epcot, and she wanted us to wait for her at the bottom of the flying jib slide. She also really liked the lazy river. It's not really relaxing if the kids will need you to be nearby - so we will wait until the toddler is a strong swimmer and then we will stay there again. My older daughter (7) is now a strong swimmer, but I would still want to be with her in the lazy river and the slide entry.

Plan on splitting up with your sitting area or planning never to use one sitting area for both adults. One adult should stay with the two beginners and the other can go with the more adventurous kiddo. Adults could swap off the kids from time to time.

Or book at the BWV, or GFV or any other DVC resort.

Thanks. We have two rambunctious boys 8 (good swimmer) and 6 (just okay swimmer) and a 3 year old girl who is a beginner.

Im more worried about keeping up with the boys as my wife can stay with our daughter.

We just has a blast at VGF pool and its lay-out, so my wife looking at reviews for BCV was getting nervous about how to play “zone defense” at such a big pool area.

I really appreciate all the advice. Thanks!

Thanks. We have two rambunctious boys 8 (good swimmer) and 6 (just okay swimmer) and a 3 year old girl who is a beginner.

Im more worried about keeping up with the boys as my wife can stay with our daughter.

We just has a blast at VGF pool and its lay-out, so my wife looking at reviews for BCV was getting nervous about how to play “zone defense” at such a big pool area.

I really appreciate all the advice. Thanks!

We love the VGF pool area, especially the zero entry + slide, and the mad hatter play area so close to each other, and a very good pool bar there too. We have yet to try Kidani and Poly, though. Someday...

FYI Kboo, a decent listing for VGF came up on DVCbyresale.com
$156 for 160 pts - March. I would consider if it was my use year.
Not sure if you are in the market

Last edited:
FYI Kboo, a decent listing for VGF came up on DVCbyresale.com
$156 for 160 pts - March. I would consider if it was my use year.
Not sure if you are in the market

Thanks! I saw that! DH has said no more. At least until later this year, when we are back at BLT with his mom. I think if she really loves it, we will have to buy enough points to regularly be in 2BR there. Heh. How can he say no to his mom *and* his wife? :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter