Strategies for DHS with Galaxy’s Edge?

MyTwoPrincesses

DIS Veteran
Hello! I know this post is super premature. I am planning a trip with my brother from 12/23-12/29 in 2020. Yeah I know, crowds. He chose the time for the trip, I just want to go and see my niece and nephew experience WDW for the first time. My brother is a Disney curmudgeon and is planning to stay club level and purchase extra fastpasses (we’re not).

About me: we are WDW veterans. Our last trip was August 2019 right before Galaxy’s Edge opened. This was our fifth trip to WDW as a family. I know what I like, we have a few goals - obviously ride old favorites and experience the newest attractions. We expect Ratatouille and the new Mickey ride to be open at that time, along with Galaxy’s Edge.

How has Galaxy’s Edge impacted wait times at other rides in DHS? I think my niece and nephew will love toy story land and I am hoping they will be able to experience it without waiting for hours.

So far, not to the degree that Pandora did to AK.
However, the major rode for SWGE also has not opened. Idoubt the lines in Pandora would have been the same if only Navi was open when Pandora opened.
Nobody knows what to expect when RoTR opens. Except most are expecting the lines to be much longer which most likely will translate into longer lines for the other rides at HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter