Strategy for Chef Mickey's to MK With A Car

khnanrsn

Earning My Ears
I will preface this by saying we are definitely walking to MK from Chef Mickey's...that is the point of our Chef Mickey's reservation.

Going to MVMCP and have a pre-party reservation at Chef Mickey's for late lunch. (No other parks that day.) We are staying at a non-Disney resort (Hilton) near Disney Springs and will have a car. Should we leave the hotel early and drive to TTC, park the car there and then monorail to Contemporary? Is that the best/easiest/most efficient thing to do?

We do not want to deal with the bus after MVMCP. It will be late and we want as much sleep as possible before heading to HS for rope drop (9am opening of the park) the next day. Driving will save us (I am guessing) an hour or so of dealing with the bus and we are only doing a quick 1.5 days at Disney this trip. Are we crazy not to do the bus?

Any advice for a MVMCP newbie?

You may be able to pay to valet at the Contemporary. If you don't want to do that, park at the TTC and then ferry/monorail over to MK and walk, or resort monorail to Contemporary.

Much easier to Valet at the Contemporary, then just walk back after the party. It's not much more expensive than parking at the TTC (unless you have an AP of course!)

I agree with the Valet at the Contemporary idea that daisy2013 and georgina mentioned. I do that myself when I drive to the MK.

I agree with the Valet at the Contemporary idea that daisy2013 and georgina mentioned. I do that myself when I drive to the MK.

Thanks. Do they ask where you are going or how long you will be there? I don't want to break any rules...

Last edited:
When you valet park there you can stay all day.
Piggy backing on this...If we have a lunch res at Chef Mickey's but want to go to MK for Early Morning Magic...can we valet at Contemporary early in the morning even though our reservation isn't until lunch time?

yes.
Piggy backing on this...If we have a lunch res at Chef Mickey's but want to go to MK for Early Morning Magic...can we valet at Contemporary early in the morning even though our reservation isn't until lunch time?
Yes. valet parking does not have to be tied to dining.

yes.

Yes. valet parking does not have to be tied to dining.

Unless you're using the valet parking perk with your Tables in Wonderland membership. In that case, valet parking is definitely tied to dining as you have to show your receipt, and there's a 3 hour time limit as well.

Steve

Unless you're using the valet parking perk with your Tables in Wonderland membership. In that case, valet parking is definitely tied to dining as you have to show your receipt, and there's a 3 hour time limit as well.

Steve
That makes sense. I used the free valet that goes with California Grill brunch and that was good all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter