Strategy for DHS Extra Extra Magic Hours (6-9am Sept 1- Nov 2)

If I were going to be there at all during these morning hours, I'd treat this like a RunDisney race weekend. For those that have run those races before, you know we are up at the crack of dawn to catch a bus to the starting area. For those weekends, I am usually up by 3am for a 5:30am race start. I would assume this would not be much different. Get up real early to get to the gate. Hit up GE for 2-3 hours in the morning, maybe ride some other things with hopefully a minimal wait, and then head back to the resort for an afternoon nap.

I'm sure it will be a lot crazier early on while Disney figures out the optimal procedure for getting everyone in that early. By the end of September, we will probably have a better idea of how many people are really showing up that early and arrival times can be adjusted accordingly to ensure a minimal wait for Smuggler's Run.

I apologize, I'm not familiar with the Minnie Vans. I drive my own car down and rely on that or Disney buses for transportation.
Me either. I haven't used the MV service yet and this just seems like an opportune time to do so if they are running early enough. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks!

Me either. I haven't used the MV service yet and this just seems like an opportune time to do so if they are running early enough. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks!
it works the exact same way as Lyft, in fact, you have to download the Lyft app to be able to book them. You can't just go up to one in the parking lot and get in. So like I said before, Minnie vans might be operating but if not just use Lyft and save yourself about $20

If we don't want to go on Smuggler's Run and rather just walk through the land and check it all out, safe to assume we still need to get there early as if we were going to go on the ride just to get into the land?

@Nole95 as you sound like a race weekend expert, I have a question: I will be there on a race weekend (Nov 1-2) staying @ Boardwalk. Is the path between Boardwalk & DHS part of the race? If so, what would be your strategy to get to a 6am EEMH at DHS? I don't think we will try for it (maybe a few days before) but I'm curious as we may have to do it if our other attempts fail.

I read (on another site) that GE will have a "virtual queue" system at first. If so, it seems that it won`t be first come, first served, even at 6 a.m.

We arrive from the UK for a two week stay on the 16th of November, we'd originally resigned ourselves to it not being open & were ready for a relatively quiet first week before the madness of Thanksgiving during the second week.
Hopefully the 6am starts will continue through November, if so we will be up & walking to HS from the YC to be there for 5am probably on our second day.
I assume that by that time Disney will have worked out the best way to get people into the land & onto the ride(s) in a calm & organised way, they did a great job with Pandora so hopefully more of the same with Star Wars.

@Nole95 as you sound like a race weekend expert, I have a question: I will be there on a race weekend (Nov 1-2) staying @ Boardwalk. Is the path between Boardwalk & DHS part of the race? If so, what would be your strategy to get to a 6am EEMH at DHS? I don't think we will try for it (maybe a few days before) but I'm curious as we may have to do it if our other attempts fail.

EEMH hours end on Saturday November 2, which is the day of the 10K. Assuming they run the same 10K course as 2018, it will not affect the Boardwalk area at all. The course does not even come out there any longer. Same with the 5K on Friday November 1. So you would not have any issues walking to DHS either Friday or Saturday for EEMH.

The only course that would close the path between DHS and the Boardwalk is the half marathon on Sunday. Unless Disney extends EEMH to past November 2, then this should not affect anyone.

My strategy is to wait and see how it goes for those going during early September (and hopefully posting here).

I have reservations at a Skyliner resort (Art of Animation in October0 .. so I am HOPING the Skyliner will be open by the time SWGE opens and just hop on the Skyliner early to get over there. That should make getting there at lot easier than waiting for a bus.

I'm not sure I want (or "need") to get there at 6 am and fight the initial crowds because I have a 2yo and 7yo ... it will be TOUGH to get them up and moving to get to the park at 6:00 AM.

My thought is to waltz in sometime during the EMH .. check out what the crowds look like at SWGE .. and if too much . bail and go to TSL.
Rinse and repeat at least once or twice more during the trip (maybe going earlier if I feel I need to).

Why wouldn’t the first people to arrive be given the first spots in the queue?
To avoid people "lining" up --- similar (if you are old enough to remember) the lottery system ticket venues used to sell concert tickets. Everyone in line got a random ticket and based on that ticket number was where you got your spot in line to buy tickets. So you didn't need to camp out all night to be first in line. Whether you were first or showed up 1 minute before, you had an equal chance to be first in line.

If they do a lottery system for entrance into the land? That will be pretty darn awesome.

They will need to control flow into/out of this land at first .. and any way it can be done without the huge crowds at the gates and the "stampede" at rope drop .. the better. They probably learned a lot since opening Pandora.

A virtual queue is sort of like a FP. You essentially get a return time to come back with little to no wait. You don’t book your time like a FP though.

Ahhh thank you so much. I personally love this idea but I know the powers that be will do it their way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter