Strategy for DHS Extra Extra Magic Hours (6-9am Sept 1- Nov 2)

For all our Disney trips, we NEVER did a rope drop or even close to it -- so with that said, do people have one person stand in line as a "place holder" and then they get joined closer to opening time/FP+ time by their family? I've seen this done multiple times on regular FP+ lines and it drives me absolutely crazy (I get it if a kid has to get off line to go to the bathroom or something), but for SWGE wonder if this will be allowed?

We have never done that for rope drop, except when someone went to the bathroom. I don't know how they are going to run EMH at DHS. Currently, they let everyone into the area in front of Starbucks and have a "rope" at the intersection. Once people are allowed into this area, it becomes lines schmine. You could have been the first person at the gate that day and end up toward the back of the pack that's there. So, it could be difficult to impossible to find your group at that time if that's how they do it. I have had people waiting at the tapstile in front of me let me know that they had others joining them. I usually don't mind if it's a few people. Once at Epcot, we got in line at rope drop behind a single woman an hour or more before the park opened. About 15 minutes before they opened, 10 people showed up to join her>:( I guess I should have asked. Once we were let in, they all had problems getting in. Either it was their first time or their prints weren't being recognized. Every single one of them. I don't blame people whose prints don't work. Mine only worked once or twice last trip, and yes, I was using the correct finger. Can't tell you how many times they asked me that:sad2: Some CMs would ask me 2 or 3 times:confused3 Anyway, rant off, all of them getting there late and having problems was really frustrating. So, I would suggest not doing it if you don't have to or limiting how many show up late. Some people may not be so quiet or nice about it. I suspect tempers will be shorter than usual during this time too. We actually thought a fight was going to break out in March at DHS, because a man thought someone was being too pushy around his kid in the stroller. Try to be extremely considerate and patient.

For all our Disney trips, we NEVER did a rope drop or even close to it -- so with that said, do people have one person stand in line as a "place holder" and then they get joined closer to opening time/FP+ time by their family? I've seen this done multiple times on regular FP+ lines and it drives me absolutely crazy (I get it if a kid has to get off line to go to the bathroom or something), but for SWGE wonder if this will be allowed?
This was common practice during star wars weekends. One adult would camp out and the second adult plus kids would arrive around 6am. Now for EEMH the park says it's opening at 6am but I can guarantee they will open the tapstiles earlier so that would be harder to anticipate especially during the first couple of weeks

Oh me Dh and DD plan to be there by 430 but im just hoping we don’t have a huge line in front of us that gets even larger by those showing up to join their Friends or Family at the last minute and be the difference between getting in on the first wave or not.

Oh me Dh and DD plan to be there by 430 but im just hoping we don’t have a huge line in front of us that gets even larger by those showing up to join their Friends or Family at the last minute and be the difference between getting in on the first wave or not.
That is a real possibility

That is a real possibility

How frustrating they don’t have something in place to avoid this. But it’ll be what it’ll be I suppose. Hopefully the date difference from opening day to our November trip will shed more light if this will be the case.

How frustrating they don’t have something in place to avoid this. But it’ll be what it’ll be I suppose. Hopefully the date difference from opening day to our November trip will shed more light if this will be the case.
In a queue like that it’s hard to prevent that unless they did a full reservation system which they aren’t. Virtual queues would help but they aren’t doing that at open, they would be filling the land then going to the virtual queue as needed.

In a queue like that it’s hard to prevent that unless they did a full reservation system which they aren’t. Virtual queues would help but they aren’t doing that at open, they would be filling the land then going to the virtual queue as needed.

I’m thinking no since the land isn’t open yet but any idea how many the land will allow? I heard it’s large but I’m sure they don’t want to jam pack it.

I imagine this is likely and would suggest going into it expecting it.

I’m thinking no since the land isn’t open yet but any idea how many the land will allow? I heard it’s large but I’m sure they don’t want to jam pack it.
Can't say. Obviously the ride itself can hold a good amount then include shopping and dining.

For those people going in Sept/ Oct for EEMH how early will you arrive to get into the park? My wife and I are going down for a long weekend adults only trip in early Sept (About a week after opening). We live about 7hrs away. We will probably take naps in the afternoon after work and then drive overnight. (No sense in paying for a hotel room that you will only use for half a night) What time should one arrive to "walk on" to smugglers run? I can't imagine rolling up at 6 and waiting less than 90 mins. Im airing on the side of caution and guessing between 3 and 4 AM. We do have an onsite reservation for that day... based on what I've seen that will get us the EMH for our arrival morning unless Disney changes something.

For those people going in Sept/ Oct for EEMH how early will you arrive to get into the park? My wife and I are going down for a long weekend adults only trip in early Sept (About a week after opening). We live about 7hrs away. We will probably take naps in the afternoon after work and then drive overnight. (No sense in paying for a hotel room that you will only use for half a night) What time should one arrive to "walk on" to smugglers run? I can't imagine rolling up at 6 and waiting less than 90 mins. Im airing on the side of caution and guessing between 3 and 4 AM. We do have an onsite reservation for that day... based on what I've seen that will get us the EMH for our arrival morning unless Disney changes something.

I'll be there Oct 6-13. At this time I plan on getting to HS by 5 am. Will be watching how things go in Sep and adjust if needed.

Just wondering, as I guess it really doesn't matter too much... but, isn't the new 6am open just 'park hours' and not 'magic hours (EEMH)'? Aren't magic hours restricted to those staying on Disney property? On the Disney site park hours page, it indicates 6am - 10pm, but no extra magic hours. :confused3

Edit: Whoops... I see that it changes on September 1st! I wish it started on the 29th :lovestruc

Hello! I’m very very new to these boards and to the entire Disney system in general. I read through this entire thread and can’t seem to entirely understand what “extra extra” magic hours are. Can someone explain? We just bought annual passes (new Florida residents) specifically to be able to enjoy all of the new Star Wars stuff. If we stay on site at a Disney hotel, we get in early? Is there a schedule of what days these are and is there anything I need to know about how to take advantage of the early admission? Sorry in advance if this is super basic stuff.

Hello! I’m very very new to these boards and to the entire Disney system in general. I read through this entire thread and can’t seem to entirely understand what “extra extra” magic hours are. Can someone explain? We just bought annual passes (new Florida residents) specifically to be able to enjoy all of the new Star Wars stuff. If we stay on site at a Disney hotel, we get in early? Is there a schedule of what days these are and is there anything I need to know about how to take advantage of the early admission? Sorry in advance if this is super basic stuff.
Disney does Extra Magic Hours for resort hotel guests. They have for decades now. If you stay onsite you can go early or late. These extra extra magic hours are more than usual. They are being added daily for the large crowds expected for Star Wars. They are every day from September 1st through November 2nd. You can find the specific hours on the Disney website.

Disney does Extra Magic Hours for resort hotel guests. They have for decades now. If you stay onsite you can go early or late. These extra extra magic hours are more than usual. They are being added daily for the large crowds expected for Star Wars. They are every day from September 1st through November 2nd. You can find the specific hours on the Disney website.

So it’s not a different concept from extra magic hours then? I was thinking it was something entirely different with the extra “extra”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!