Strategy for DHS Extra Extra Magic Hours (6-9am Sept 1- Nov 2)

If I arrive at 445 am on September 12, as an onsite guest, would I need this reservation or virtual queue? If so, how do I try to get one? Do I have to enter a lottery? Does it help if Im an AP and DVC holder?

Thank you.
As of today if you are a guest of the WDW resort you have EEMH from 6am to 9am. No need for additional reservation or virtual queue.
As of today WDW is still saying that no reservation or virtual queue will be needed or implemented in Orlando, that can change, and I won't expect an announcement until maybe mid June

As of today if you are a guest of the WDW resort you have EEMH from 6am to 9am. No need for additional reservation or virtual queue.
As of today WDW is still saying that no reservation or virtual queue will be needed or implemented in Orlando, that can change, and I won't expect an announcement until maybe mid June
Have you ever heard of (or speculate that) EMH’s being revoked once they are announced? (As you can see, I’m hoping to just do my EMH and be done with it- not that my personal plans matter to Disney of course :rotfl:)

Have you ever heard of (or speculate that) EMH’s being revoked once they are announced? (As you can see, I’m hoping to just do my EMH and be done with it- not that my personal plans matter to Disney of course :rotfl:)
No, once EMH or in this case EEMH are announced they don't get taken away, especially in this situation where they announced it for 2 whole months plus all the MK and AK EMH to allow people to plan accordingly

No, once EMH or in this case EEMH are announced they don't get taken away, especially in this situation where they announced it for 2 whole months plus all the MK and AK EMH to allow people to plan accordingly
Thanks! I will take comfort in that. If during EEMH is the only time I see galaxys edge this oct, that will be plenty sufficient

I feel like a virtual queue makes the most sense to control crowds and allow people to keep doing other things while "waiting" to get into SWGE. It benefits everyone involved.

I agree with others that there will be no reservation system since there are too many on-site hotel guests to accommodate vs. the same situation at DL. They have already announced EEMH as their plan for WDW and will not be changing that.

Any wait times for anything at DL right now cannot be used for planning at DHS since they are severely limiting the amount of guests allowed into SWGE (and from all accounts, doing a fantastic job).

My plan remains the same as it did when they first announced SWGE would be opening early: We are planning on two EEMH days at DHS (Sept 26 and 29) and one night (Sept 30). The hope is to get MFSR, Cantina, and shopping done during our EEMH days, and use the night to see everything at night in SWGE and TSL for the first time. I think getting there at 4:30a on each EEMH day should accomplish those goals, and luckily we'll have about a month of data to modify plans if necessary.

Last edited:
Could someone explain how the virtual queue would work?
They will fill the land until it’s full to the capacity they deem full. Then once that is the case they will institute a queue system on the app. You check into the queue system on the app. And then once there is room you can return and enter the land.

Do we know what rides/attractions/meets will be open for EEMH? Trying to plan for Sept 1st, planning to go to HS that day, at least in the morning.

I'm so excited to experience the extra extra magic hours, I hope this gives me time to go on all the star wars rides and see everything in the land. I'm very wary of the virtual queue though I don't think that it will change much during the extremely busy times and it will still be a crowded nightmare. I do think it will be a more manageable crowd experience than what they are doing now.

They will fill the land until it’s full to the capacity they deem full. Then once that is the case they will institute a queue system on the app. You check into the queue system on the app. And then once there is room you can return and enter the land.

And if it ends up being like the DL queue, you'll have 2 hours from your notification to enter the land to account for you already being in line for another ride, eating at a restaurant, etc.

This may be a dumb question, but is there going to be a different line to get into hollywood studios for onsite eemh guests? For example, if for one of my eemh days I arrive at 8:00 I am sure the lines will be packed with offsite non eemh guest waiting to get into hollywood studios for the regular 9:00 am opening, will there be a separate line for resort guests?

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question, but is there going to be a different line to get into hollywood studios for onsite eemh guests? For example, if for one of my eemh days I arrive at 8:00 I am sure the lines will be packed with offsite non eemh guest waiting to get into hollywood studios for the regular 9:00 am opening, will there be a separate line for resort guests?
On normal EMH days, when we would be walking in at 7 (for example) to AK and there was a line of non-resort guests waiting extra early to ride FOP, there was a separate line. So I would assume yes.

I feel like a virtual queue makes the most sense to control crowds and allow people to keep doing other things while "waiting" to get into SWGE. It benefits everyone involved.

I agree with others that there will be no reservation system since there are too many on-site hotel guests to accommodate vs. the same situation at DL. They have already announced EEMH as their plan for WDW and will not be changing that.

Any wait times for anything at DL right now cannot be used for planning at DHS since they are severely limiting the amount of guests allowed into SWGE (and from all accounts, doing a fantastic job).

My plan remains the same as it did when they first announced SWGE would be opening early: We are planning on two EEMH days at DHS (Sept 26 and 29) and one night (Sept 30). The hope is to get MFSR, Cantina, and shopping done during our EEMH days, and use the night to see everything at night in SWGE and TSL for the first time. I think getting there at 4:30a on each EEMH day should accomplish those goals, and luckily we'll have about a month of data to modify plans if necessary.

Glad to see another traveler to Batuu on 9/26! I plan to do as much as possible in SWGE during EEMH then rope droping Slinky Dog then doing the rest of the park and back to SWGE if we can when we can. I plan to arrive between 4:30-5 to queue for the land for that day. Touring Plans increased that day do a 7 in their crowd calendar so we will see if anything changes

I have 2 days planned for HS (9/23 and 9/25). I am not sure what to do about fast passes and such. Do I assume I will get in at 6am and assume I can get it all done by 10 so fast passes after that? I have a lunch at prime time cafe for 11am so maybe just assume fast passes after lunch? I actually am much more of a night person and would love to do the land at night, but I am worried about missing out (I have one kid who loves Star Wars and the other hates it but must have a droid).

On normal EMH days, when we would be walking in at 7 (for example) to AK and there was a line of non-resort guests waiting extra early to ride FOP, there was a separate line. So I would assume yes.

Honestly I'm wondering how they will do the 6am opening also... the mass of people at opening is super stressful, especially if you happen to pick the slow line (I always seem to pick the slow line...)

Silly question... can ANYONE do this once it's open? Is it every man for themselves when they hit capacity? I'm worried about getting there 90 min early just to get shut out anyway and then have a late time (or no time at all depending on how nuts this gets...). Might be worth considering just getting a slow start while keeping an eye on the app and nab a later time in that case.

Silly question... can ANYONE do this once it's open? Is it every man for themselves when they hit capacity? I'm worried about getting there 90 min early just to get shut out anyway and then have a late time (or no time at all depending on how nuts this gets...). Might be worth considering just getting a slow start while keeping an eye on the app and nab a later time in that case.
[/QUOTE]

I really think June 24th and on we will see true craziness of this land. And, it will be even crazier when Rise of the Resistance opens. I think people at DLR are holding back because they don't have a reservation. Once 6/24 hits, you don't need a reservation, you can control if you get in the land by showing up earliest, and once you are in the land, you can camp out for hours.

I am very curious on how DHS will handle SWGE crowds and capacity. EEMH is great but somehow they will have to manage the crowds.

This is not true. In November Disney removed EMH at AK. They removed it around day 34 prior to our arrival. We were pretty upset since we had made ADRs, and our 60day FPP, so after talking with guest services they were able to a accommodate for the last minute change.

This is not true. In November Disney removed EMH at AK. They removed it around day 34 prior to our arrival. We were pretty upset since we had made ADRs, and our 60day FPP, so after talking with guest services they were able to a accommodate for the last minute change.
Even if they were removed last November everyone can for sure rely on the hours they have listed for the EMH and EEMH. I do not think they would back out on that since they did a whole press release announcing it.

How did they accommodate you? Did they move your FP and ADRs around to times that would otherwise have been unavailable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!