Strategy for DHS Extra Extra Magic Hours (6-9am Sept 1- Nov 2)

We have a trip planned for September 1-7. (Booked way before they announced SWGE.) We love SW but don't see ourselves waking up super early to see it all. My concern is... do we even bother planning a HS day? Do I even bother getting any FP's? I'm thinking by the time we would want to arrive, somewhere between 8-9 am, all the other attractions will be slammed with guests who arrived at 6 or earlier to see SWGE. My gut says don't even plan a HS day, don't book any FP's at that park and then if we decide to deviate from that we can just wing it. Honestly the only attractions we've been doing at HS in the past year are SDD, ST, RNRC & TOT. We will survive if we have to skip them this trip. (Even if TOT is my all time fav!) Thoughts on this?

I'll be there some of the same time as you @JessiMommy (Sept. 2nd to 6th) and I'm really debating whether it's even worth time at DHS (I still call it MGM in my head). It's just me on this trip, so I don't have to contend with disappointing or rounding up others to get up and moving.

If I do decide to go, my hope is that so much be focused in SWGE that I can enjoy all that TSL has to offer. Last January, TSL was SO crowded. WE did our SDD FP and left the land.

I will be watching what folks are experiencing and how the crowds seem to go.

With my FP window opening next weekend I'm hating my plans more and more. I feel like I'm placing too much importance on SWGE and it's screwing things up. Ideally I'd like to use EEMH twice in our 7 days because I figure we'll want to ride MFSR twice. But then that's also 2 nights we can't stay out late so we can sleep, which messes things up.

I'm still under the impression that the crowds at DHS will be much worse than DL. I do not want to wait 2 hours for MFSR (or any ride for that matter). But I also don't want to make this such the focus of my trip that it screws with everything else. I look at my spreadsheet and just think "I hate you", and I'm usually really pleased with how I put the pieces together for trips.

I’ll be there for 10/31. Right now crowd calendar says it’s a Green Day and HS is a green park. I just want to go to TSL. Should I bother getting up for EEMH?

With my FP window opening next weekend I'm hating my plans more and more. I feel like I'm placing too much importance on SWGE and it's screwing things up. Ideally I'd like to use EEMH twice in our 7 days because I figure we'll want to ride MFSR twice. But then that's also 2 nights we can't stay out late so we can sleep, which messes things up.

I'm still under the impression that the crowds at DHS will be much worse than DL. I do not want to wait 2 hours for MFSR (or any ride for that matter). But I also don't want to make this such the focus of my trip that it screws with everything else. I look at my spreadsheet and just think "I hate you", and I'm usually really pleased with how I put the pieces together for trips.
This is EXACTLY how I feel. My FP day is the 30th and I’m still changing my reservations and parks each day. I think WDW will be way worse than DL and finally decided it doesn’t matter if we see SW:GE at all. I was going to devote 2 1/2 days to HS and took that down to just 2 half-days. Only one EEMH morning and the other we’ll hop over in the afternoon and hope for a spot in the virtual queue. If we see it, fantastic, if not, that’s another reason to come back next year.

I’ll be there for 10/31. Right now crowd calendar says it’s a Green Day and HS is a green park. I just want to go to TSL. Should I bother getting up for EEMH?
I don’t think anyone knows yet, the good news is you have will have 2 months of data to help you decide. I suspect the answer will be pretty clear by the time your trip comes along.

Just decided to book a one night stay using my Wyndham rewards points at the Disney Springs hotel so I could use the EEMH. live in Orlando and have a Gold AP, so I figured this would be the best way to see it without having to wait 6 months. Going to go Thurs Sept 4, hopefully going a weekday morning will help a tad. I think we're gonna drive to the park instead of using the Disney Spring bus (since it's check out day, I can just drive straight home from park instead of bussing back to the hotel). I'm assuming their would be parking attendants there at 5am?

Got a FP for ToT at 915am, think the plan is to check out SWGE for most of the morning, hope we get out of smugglers run before 10am, do ToT, quickly burn the other 2 FP and try to get a same day of either Slinky Dog and/or Rockin Roller Coaster, and hope to grab lunch in GE. Pending how quickly we get done with Smugglers Run, maybe just go standby for either SDD or RRC (pending their wait times)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts