Strategy for FoP/Navi River

leebee

DIS Veteran
We are going to AK on an EMH morning, but we are SO not morning/rope drop people. I am planning on getting FP+ for FoP and doing Navi "early." EMH is at 8am and park opens at 9am. If we show up sometime during the EMH, how long do you think the line at Navi will be? If we show up at, say, 8:30, will the Navi line be a nightmare?

(I know, get out of bed and go for park opening... but we are celebrating DD's 25th birthday :cake: the night before, at Jellyrolls :drinking1)

What we saw beginning of the month---line was huge. Early bird gets the worm. Unless you are there well before park opening, you are in for a very long wait.

We are going to AK on an EMH morning, but we are SO not morning/rope drop people. I am planning on getting FP+ for FoP and doing Navi "early." EMH is at 8am and park opens at 9am. If we show up sometime during the EMH, how long do you think the line at Navi will be? If we show up at, say, 8:30, will the Navi line be a nightmare?

(I know, get out of bed and go for park opening... but we are celebrating DD's 25th birthday :cake: the night before, at Jellyrolls :drinking1)

From the latest reports, the line for Na'vi doesn't build nearly as fast as FoP. As long as you get your FP+ for that, I think you'll probably be okay for Na'vi. It won't be a walk-on, but probably not more than a 30 - 40 min wait. We haven't tried Na'vi yet, and personally, I probably wouldn't wait 30 min for it, but you're not me.

I would recommend riding it just before the park closes. We walked right on about 20 minutes before the park closed. You'll want to see Pandora after dark anyway.

If you want to ride it in the morning, you need to get there well before the park opens.

For EMH, if you are not there at RD, you most likely will have a long wait. In April, we had a FP for FoP, showed up 30 minutes after RD on an EMH to ride Navi. The line was 75 minutes already. FoP was 90 minutes. It would appear, either you show up early for RD or rideclose to park closing. We rode near park closing with a 20 minute wait in stand by.

We did rope drop leaving our resort room at 7:00am. We had FOP FP for later so went straight to Navi river. They let us walk into Pandora at 7:45. Na vi was down and by 8:15 the line was back to the bridge. We left at 8:15 to do other stuff. Heard from people they told them at 8:45 to go, not sure when it opened. I wish we had waited for FOP so we could have ridden it 2x. By 8:15 it was at a 60 min wait and it climbed form there. At 2:00 pm when we had fast passes the people without them waited 2 hours.

DH and DS went back at night and road it Na vi with a 30-45 min wait.

Early mornings on vacation are hard but honestly its a must at Disney it seems like the crowds multiply between 10:30 and 11 am. I am not kidding we ride everything with almost no wait until about 10:30 then we get off a ride and its wall to wall people.

This was our first time at WDW and it blew us away but we defiantly came home more tired than we left

The difference between 8 and 8:30 is a half hour. The difference in the line for Navi will be at least an hour. It will be a walk on at rope drop while everyone else lines up for FoP. The line will continue to build as more and more people come off FoP and then get on line for Navi.
You may not be morning people, but if ou can get there by 8:30, you can get there by 8.
I’d tou have a FP for FoP, then after you walk on to Navi at rope drop, the rest of the park will be close to walk on for an hour or so.

I just want to throw out what we experienced today. We got in line through security by 720. We were 50 people back. Got through tap spots and walked to fop and was off by 815. Line for fop was at almost 2 hrs by then. We walked over to Na’vi at 815 right off fop and was 30 min wait. More like 20. After that fop was over past the bridge.

Rope dropping fop is deff a get there by 715-730 for the early walk in. I’m so glad we got there that early but we r a rope drop out by noon family.

Those r the times I experienced today.

We go to river of lights tonight. Early show. I’m hoping to hit fop again at close. The ride I feel is worth even a 60 min wait. I thought it was great. What’s even more empressive is the ride technology of how many people ride at once. It looks like something out of a sci fi movie where they r growing people and u walk into the building it’s taking place in. We r on bottom row left and looking up and right was pretty wacky to see all those people.

It’s like soaring on steroids.

We went last week. Showed up at the park at 7:30AM for an 8AM opening. Got through the entrance lines and walked straight towards Flight of Passage. From entering the FoP line to getting off the ride it was 38minutes total (posted wait time when we walked under the sign said 60min... which it ended up not).

Do you get to walk through the entire queue if you rope drop? I had heard that they were diverting people early in the morning before the laboratory and don't want to bother with standby if we won't get to see the queue.

I'm going to try to get FP for Flights of Passage; I'm just wondering what the line at Navi will be like if we show up at 8:30 on an EMH (so 30 mins before park opening). I'm willing to do 30 minutes, but NOT 90!

This morning during EMH Navi was still only 15 minutes at about 8:45am when I was looking for ride times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!