Straws and lids

dizlover21

Mouseketeer
Are there any wrapped straws out at the drink station on the Wonder ? Plastic lids for the disposable cups?

On the Magic in May they had only the lids for the coffee cups (which actually happen to fit on the soda/pop cups as well) - but no straws.

We were in LA recently for a granddaughter's HS graduation and had brunch at Paradise Cove, a restaurant near Malibu Beach. They used pasta straws, which, while a bit bulky and don't bend, are biodegradable and, if you have enough, could be your dinner with a nip of spaghetti sauce. Perhaps DCL could come up with another edible way to handle the straw situation...all sugar, salt (for Margaretta's), licorice, etc.

We usually bring our own reusable cups and straws. Just use DCLs to pour in your cup for hygiene. Everyone wins

No lids or plastic straws on our Dream Cruise last November. I ended up using a thermos cup from home for my youngest and a Boon lid and reusable straw for my preschooler. Highly recommend the Boon topper and straw in place of a lid in the dining room! We kept it in a baggie and washed it in our room.

Are there any wrapped straws out at the drink station on the Wonder ? Plastic lids for the disposable cups?

:thanks: all for the kind fyi.........

.....because IMO life wouldnt b the same without your straws while "sipping" margaritas :drinking1

or -
nibbling on icecream -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
(YUM!!).....it took BOTH a straw and a spoon to tackle this slice of heaven -

Made a note to pack some for my upcoming WDW / DCL adventure -popcorn::
(ppstttt!!! dont worry as I plan on bringing these kind of straws:

"Biodegradable Plastic Straws. Biodegradable plastic straws are also known as PLA (polylactic acid) Thesestraws are made from plant starches and oil, typically corn. Since these straws are made from plants, most of them decompose naturally in a commercial compost "

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave:

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, because our government is going to put forth a ban on "single use plastics". What's the biggest and most used single use plastic that ends up in a landfill? Anyone? Anyone? How about the one plastic that is purchased specifically to end up in the landfill and, while it does have other uses, mostly it goes from the box to the landfill... garbage bags. When will we be banning these?

Biodegradable straws aren't plastic so they won't take 1,000 years to break down like the plastic ones will.
I know, but what I meant is that if you throw it away in a regular bin with other garbage, before it has time to decompose, it will be most likely burned in a furnace or just be part of garbage dump.

I know, but what I meant is that if you throw it away in a regular bin with other garbage, before it has time to decompose, it will be most likely burned in a furnace or just be part of garbage dump.
Yes, but that's true for all waste, not just straws. I'm glad the PP is using biodegradable straws rather than plastic. It's a step in the right direction.

We brought our own inox&glass bottles and also inox reusable straws... I don't care if Disney does it for the money, for me less plastic is always better for our planet!
its not just DCL, I live in LA and no more straws at coffee shops, fast foods, restaurants, and the like. You sometimes can ask and they will give you one. But it is the law now, no self serve straws.

its not just DCL, I live in LA and no more straws at coffee shops, fast foods, restaurants, and the like. You sometimes can ask and they will give you one. But it is the law now, no self serve straws.
And now, LA is talking about outlawing single serve plastic bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter