Straws

Thank you, I think I’m going to get a pack from amazon that includes the brush and case. Has anyone tried the bamboo ones?
I have a set of metal straws and bamboo straws.

This is just personal preference.

For drinks like pina colada's, I like the bamboo straws. It just adds to that type of drink.

For frozen margaritas, I like the metal straws. Gives a cleaner taste.

A set of each don't cost too much.

We just brought some McDonalds straws last visit. Paper straws are seriously horrible. So if we don’t have the option of a normal one. We bring a few. Don’t like the re useable kind either. Just want to toss it when done in trash.

Do they still sell the Mickey straws?
Yep! You can get them at almost every on site gift shop I can think of.
Got a bunch of them sitting in my kitchen unused waiting to go into the trash bin.
Apparently, no one in my home thinks they are that much fun outside of Disney. Probably due to my insistence that care be taken cleaning them.
I'm such a meanie:(.

Just curious...Has anyone considered going straw-less? I really never used them...and not for 'moral reasons'...I just prefer the old fashioned tilt-and-sip method. There are times when straws are needed...milkshakes, boba tea, etc...but for the most part, I don't really like them.

Even before every place started removing plastic straws, I would usually take the straw out as I don't generally like them but when you're drinking something with a ton of ice, it's preferable to dumping it all on your face trying to get to the liquid. Also, anything like a smoothie or something muddled or with puree is difficult to drink without a straw especially with ice in it. I've just had a face of ice one too many times to not have one on hand when it's needed.

Even before every place started removing plastic straws, I would usually take the straw out as I don't generally like them but when you're drinking something with a ton of ice, it's preferable to dumping it all on your face trying to get to the liquid. Also, anything like a smoothie or something muddled or with puree is difficult to drink without a straw especially with ice in it. I've just had a face of ice one too many times to not have one on hand when it's needed.

I didn't even think of this until you mentioned about the ice. At home we don't use straws (well, grandkids do), but then we don't fill up a glass with ice then liquid.

Also at disney, we tend to walk and drink. Much easier with a lid and straw and not so many bugs. I think we'll just bring in a few bottles of soda vs paying $4 for an open cup of soda.

Yep! You can get them at almost every on site gift shop I can think of.
Got a bunch of them sitting in my kitchen unused waiting to go into the trash bin.
Apparently, no one in my home thinks they are that much fun outside of Disney. Probably due to my insistence that care be taken cleaning them.
I'm such a meanie:(.
YAY!!! My daughter LOVES them, and, while we DO clean and reuse, eventually, they do need to be thrown in the recycling. So, I can get her some more while I am there! Thank you!

I'm bringing some reusable silicone straws to use on our trip - we hate paper straws. I got a 6-pack of straws on an end cap at WalMart for under a $1, and we'll just clean them out in the room each night

We were at Disney in May of this year and restaurants had those dreadful paper straws. They seemed to get soggy and fall apart before you could finish your beverage. I would bring your own plastic straws if you like to use them.
This ! We went in July andbasically ate paper half the trip
! The paper straws don't even survive iced drinks! And forget about hot coffee from Starbucks- couldn't survive half the cup !

We brought our own silicone straws on our last trip - you can find regular size straws and larger smoothie straws on Amazon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter