Stroller Advice Please

disney longhorn

Mouseketeer
What are the strollers like at DL for 5 yo DD? We are debating taking an umbrella stroller versus getting a DL stroller (we get it free through Disney Visa so cost is not an issue). :confused3

Are the DL strollers big and bulky or easy to manuever like an umbrella stroller?

Can you get an umbrella type stroller?

Thanks for any input. :wave2: Only three more days to go!!!! :cool1:

If I remember, they are like jogging strollers--2 wheels in the back and one in the front. I've never used one, but they appear to be easy to maneuver.

They are jogging type strollers, with a sun shade, and a small basket underneath to put stuff. You cannot take them on the train, as they do not fold. We rented one last year and it worked fine, however, one you leave the park you have to return it, so if your hotel is a walk you can't take the stroller. We will rent again, mostly because we don't own one anymore and its free with the VISA.

Disneyland strollers do fold up, I guess you could ask a cast member how to do it if you would like. Once I was going on the train and there was a family with a Disneyland stroller, the cast member helped them fold it up so they could bring it with them on the train. And you can bring the stroller outside of Disneyland during the day to go over to California, they just can't be taken past the yellow bag check tents. But after California Adventure closes the strollers are not allowed out of the park.

Don't forget to mark your strollers so they don't get lost or switched with someone identical.

Put ribbons or balloons in it. Enjoy

Thank you everyone for the information. I think we have decided to use the DL strollers just so we won't have to lug the other around.

I appreciate all of the help. :sunny:

We went to wal mart and got a 99 cent scarf, very colorful, and tied it on the handle so we could find ours in a sea of strollers. worked great....

If you rent a Disney stroller. And leave the parks, make sure to keep your name plate and your reciept, when you return they will give you a green card to return thru a special gate, no waiting in line!
I also got a scarf.. red :) it worked great. For this and a few other things.. like tying bags of goodies to the handle.
Do be aware the strollers can and do tip so make sure your kid doesn't stand in it.
You can also return or rent the stroller inside DCA so don't have to walk all the way to the stroller rental outside of DL if you are going to DCA first or last ;)
Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter