Stroller as a Wheelchair in Restaurants

I use my sons stroller as a wheelchair in the restaurants. He gets upset without it so I just tell them when I’m checking into the restaurant that he will be staying in his stroller and if they could please take a chair away so he can sit at the table. I’ve never been questioned or told no. We realized 2 years ago he was having meltdowns in the restaurants. On a whim my mom asked him if he wanted his stroller he said yes and it’s been a lifesaver ever since. We can now do the character meals he loves while he’s in his safe space. I hope this helps. Good luck!

I usually just drive him in, get him to the table then I park the stroller. I've been challenged and just had to say no, he needs his stroller. I think the issue is sometimes people are just focused on what they need to do next, and don't really register the tag. For instance, one hostess lead us to a stair case. She was focused on where she needed to be, then realized that was not going to work and took us the accessible path.

I would, though, recommend planning meal times ahead. Crowds really do have a flow in the parks. We always try to eat "off cycle" to a kid the crowds. We aim for the very beginning of lunch and supper times. It means the restaurants are less crowded, and easier to navigate...and quieter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter