Stroller for 4 & 6 year old?

Looking for a bit of advice. We're heading down in February and will have a 4 yo and a 6 yo with us. I know the 4 yo will need a stroller (or I'll just end up carrying her everywhere) and the 6 yo will need it sometimes (8-13 miles walking is a bit much for him), but I absolutely dread pushing a double wide through those crowds. I did it once already and hated pushing it through. Any recommendations? We're looking at the sit and stand ones, but the one we have is so long maneuvering it through those crowds might be worse than a double wide.

So here are out current ideas:

1. Bring the single city mini + a umbrella that can be attached or strapped onto the city mini somehow
2. Buy/rent a new stand and sit (looking for maneuverability)
3. umbrella double wide (still double wide...ugh)
4. Rent another double wide city mini and just bit the bullet.

Appreciate any input or strategies anyone else has used.

Thanks!
Last year we took our sit and stand for our 5 and 2 year old and it was such a hassle to maneuver. We just got back on Monday from a 11 day stay and we decided to rent a mini city gt double wide and it was the best decision ever! Even though our oldest is 6 now it really came in handy to give her a break. It was easy to push, lock and to fold and get on / off the bus. Only problem is its a tight fit in the room door. We stayed at the Contemporary.

We are in a similar situation. We do not want to bring our huge stroller again. We drive since we are only a few hrs away. What is a good lightweight stroller that folds flat and has a good shade and storage. Our bob revolution has all of that but it's heavy and a pain to maneuver in tight spaces. We are looking at the Maclaren techno xt or the uppababy g luxe. Any other recommendations. She is 3.5.

We will have a 1 year old and a 6 year old. Will be renting a single Citi Mini GT. If the older one gets really worn out, we could let him have it and put baby in his carrier. I would rather do that once or twice than push double stroller the whole trip. But, our trip is much shorter than yours, and we have long breaks at the resort planned into every day.

We did 2 good unbrella strollers when our kids were that age & that was the easiest solution. I took the kids lots of times by myself so I tried the Citi Mini double & a double sit & stand and they were both SO heavy. When my DH was there & we had the two strollers, it was so much easier. We often parked one or both & then just picked them up after awhile. The other stroller I loved was the Peg Perego with the standing platform in the back. It was so lightweight & the kids loved riding on it. I used this when I went alone when the kids were 6, 7 and 2.5 and the older kids just traded off on standing in the back.

As has been highlighted in a number of other threads, the overall width of a City Mini GT double is only just over 5inches wider than a single. While it may seem 'perceivably' bigger, the reality of the dimensions are a little different. Just something to think about...

Rent the Double Citi Mini - the bigger/nicer one that gives more leg room for your kids since they are older. I didn't find pushing a double wide hard at all. We did find a place to park it in a specific area, walk around to different attractions, then go get it to walk to the next area. I loved having a stroller basket to stash all our stuff too.
And yes, your six year old will get really tired and you'll be grateful for a stroller at the end of the day especially. Walking back to a hotel or parking lot is miserable while carrying a half asleep six year old.

I agree with pp, rent a double. We went last year with kids 2, 5 & 7. We knew the 2 yr old would need it, and suspected the 5 yr old would. Well the 5 & 7 yr old often fought over who get the 2nd seat. They are active kids that haven't used a stroller at home in years, but Disney is tons of walking and they both passed out in it. Rent the double, it will be waiting at your hotel for you, no need to worry about it with insurance or lugging through airport. I am renting the citi mini double again this trip..kiddos will be 3, 6 & 8 and I know without a doubt they will all use it at some point. Money well spent knowing my kids having a comfortable place to rest when needed-0 regrets renting.

In everyday life I agree with you. But the last time I was in the parks we walked an average of 10 miles a day. That is a big ask for a 6 year old. Especially, that much walking 7 days in a row.

The strapping a umbrella stroller, would involved buying some velcro strips and literally strapping the umbrella to the long arm of our city mini. This seems a bit crazy, but trying to think outside the box a bit.

We had that same thought with our daughter. She did great at Cedar Point and walked all day long but I can't imagine her keeping up that endurance for 8 days.

Just rent the double stroller at the park. Why lug it around with u. Kids will love it. Easy for them to jump in and out and they sit in there together and have a ball. I agree the worst thing is if you have to carry kids. Or even worse be the parent that yells at kids cause their tired from walking all day 5 days in a row. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Reactions: Kae
We are in a similar situation. We do not want to bring our huge stroller again. We drive since we are only a few hrs away. What is a good lightweight stroller that folds flat and has a good shade and storage. Our bob revolution has all of that but it's heavy and a pain to maneuver in tight spaces. We are looking at the Maclaren techno xt or the uppababy g luxe. Any other recommendations. She is 3.5.

My son had outgrown the G Luxe by 3.5, you may want to test it out. It was a good stroller for Disney when he was 1-2 years old. I also didn't love the techno XT, it was not that easy to fold and for the price I wasn't impressed. I ended up getting the citi mini (four wheel version), my son was still comfortable in it at 3 and 4 years old, had a decent basket, etc.. He hasn't used it this past year at all but I plan to bring it to WDW when we go in February (he'll have just turned 6).

Just rent the double stroller at the park. Why lug it around with u. Kids will love it. Easy for them to jump in and out and they sit in there together and have a ball. I agree the worst thing is if you have to carry kids. Or even worse be the parent that yells at kids cause their tired from walking all day 5 days in a row. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Or you could be my brother in law who insisted his just turned 4 year old son didn't need a stroller. He ended up carrying him on his shoulders a lot, and one night walked him into a low hanging sign.:headache::sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!