Stroller for older kids

DisneyFanNY

Earning My Ears
I just know 2 days into the trip, my 7 year old daughter will want a stroller - with her little sister in one, when she gets tired she will want one also or to ride on my shoulders :eek:

I am wondering if she will even fit in one. She is about average height and weight - I suppose - You know fathers are not good at this :rolleyes:

Anyone have ideas or opinions on this?

Thanks,

DisneyFanNY

Hi DisneyFanNY - You'll get all sorts of answers to this one, but I think you should do whatever makes everybody in your family happiest and most comfortable. On our last trip we rented a stroller for DD (4) on the first day. Every day after that we rented a double so that DS (7) could hitch a ride some of the time, too. He's a fairly tall and slim 7 year old (at the time somewhere around 52" and 56 pounds) and had no trouble fitting in.

Doubles cost $13 per day to rent and singles cost $7 per day, with $1 refundable. Please note that you can just park your stroller beside the stroller rental area if you're leaving at a peak time, and pick up your refund the next day, so long as you hold onto your receipt. There's no need to wait in a really long line just to return a stroller.

Good Luck!

dondaisys.gif

CindyAnn
Co-moderator - Restaurants Board & Canadian Board

Thank you so much - I appreciate it. I was concerned that our DD would not fit but if your DS fits, then she will also as she is probably just about the same or smaller. :)

I also like the tip about leaving the stroller and skipping the line. I love these discussion boards!! They are just the right thing for my obsessive compulsiveness !! :D

DisneyFanNY

We too had no problem with our 7 year old hitching a ride as well. She was (and is) quite petite and still fit into the stroller with little trouble.
I too know that others feel differently about this, but I feel that whatever works for your family, without imposing on others, is just fine.
Have a great time! :)

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget Board and
Disney for Families BoardCo-Host
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
anipooh.gif

My soon to be 7 year old neice fit into the rental strollers without a problem. We rented a double that my 3 year old rode in and when my neice needed a break, she rode too.

Jenn

My seven year old twins are most definetly getting strollers!! Between the heat, walking, etc. my husband and I feel like we would rather have them comfy then have to put up with my "legs hurt", I am tired" etc. Plus, I know they will fall asleep in them. We would like them to enjoy their wonderful vacation, not be miserable. Some kids can take all that walking, ours can't. Have a GREAT trip!

mickey005.gif

All Star Sports 95
Shades of Green 98
Swan 2000
AKL 2001

I just bought an umbrella stroller for my 8 yr. old DD. I wanted to rent for her if we needed it, but DH said buy it. She really needed it last year, so I'm pretty sure she will need it this year. I only plan on using it at night and esp. at AK.

Anna

I would like to have an umbrella for our 7 year old for evenings, but she seemed too big for the ones in my local store. She fit in it, but her shoulders seemed kind of squished. She is about 45 pounds and 45 inches tall. Thanks for any info!

Melinda :)

We always get a double stroller for our two boys. They aren't old 2 1/2 (39 lbs 40 1/2 in tall)
And our 4 7/8! is (45 in tall and weighs 53 lbs.)
So even though they're not old they are the size of alot of five and 7 year olds. And it really helps keep up the pace. No one wants to ride on our shoulders or be carried. Then they are less cranky later and can go to the fireworks etc.

Don't worry what anyone else thinks. It's your family, your child, your vacation, and your money. Whatever works for you. The idea is to have fun, re-connect, and enjoy. NOT to worry about someone who should be focused on the something else!!! (Not being mean or sarcastic, I just believe to each his own).
shelly

I'm glad I read this topic...my daughter is 4 years old and we are going to WDW next month. I was worried that she might end up miserable when her feet get tired from the long walks. But as you all said, I might be able to rent a stroller for her. I initially thought she was too old for one or might not fit into one (she's only 38lbs and 100cm).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter